• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nudism/Naturism

Ceridwen018

I don't think it's wrong really. My opinion is pretty much 'whatever, do what you want'. As far as women going topless...this brings up the issue of women being treated like meat...although I guess they are anyway even with their shirts on!

...I'd like to go to a nude beach someday...just for ****s and giggles!

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
The motto of most naturists is "Nude when possible, clothed when practical.", so winter isn't a problem. I know that in the U.S. there is an amendment that says that women and men are to be subject to the same laws. This means that if a man can go topless then so can a women. I don't think they would be treated like in a lowly fashion. Consider certain natives in Africa or South America. For them topless women are the norm, and so it doesn't change the way they react to them. If topless women were the norm then we wouldn't change our treatment towards them. What about nudity around children? Do you think that it is morally/ethically wrong?

Ceridwen018

I know that in the U.S. there is an amendment that says that women and men are to be subject to the same laws. This means that if a man can go topless then so can a women.
Oh reeeeaaaallly....that's almost enough to make me go wander around topless right now just to be rebellious, because I know I'd get cited for public indecency or something.

Police: You're going to have to come with me, ma'am.
Me: I don't think so officer. If you'd look closer at your Constitution, you'd see it's perfectly legal.
Police: By Jove, the lady's right! Hey George! Get over here and check this out! We gotta make some flyers and spread the word or something...this is one fashion trend I'm gonna like!

As far as nudity around children goes...I guess this is pretty complicated. Children should of course be raised according to the standards of their society. It would be very confusing for a child to live in a clothes-oriented society and then go home to a place where everyone runs around naked. Once children reach the age where they can recognize nudity, I think it should stop.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
hahah, good one ceridwen.

i think every child has thier days when the run around in their lawn naked.

personally i have nothing against nudity. it will be very embarrasing to see some people have small endowments and there will be a lot of erections. then people will be getting tans, and then others will have to shave everything, everyday. its a pain. lol. i dunno.

but i like to think that clothing is a very beautiful thing too. with clothing comes culture (and i LOVE culture). like kimonos and sarees.

trishtrish10

adam and eve didn't know nudity was wrong until they ate of the tree of knowledge. some nudes are lustful others aren't to me.

Ceridwen018

adam and eve didn't know nudity was wrong until they ate of the tree of knowledge
The whole point here is that it's NOT wrong.

some nudes are lustful others aren't to me.
...to you?? You're a nudist, trish? Wow, I never would have guessed that one.