• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Give Me Some Suggestions Please .

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Seems a pretty sucky tool for self defence... too fiddly for effective use in a time constrained situation. It would be like having a gun that only works if it is pointed nearly directly at the person's eyes

elmarna

Please be careful considering something to defend yourself.
Those who are well informed in the art will tell you to be well skilled in what you use and that in the aspects of useing something if for any reason it is taken away from you - it can be used against you!
You would be better off learning Ishenru or some sort of martial arts where no "tools" are used and you are the weapon!

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Mace is a lot easier to use than a laser pointer, good if you are in a hurry though a bit limited in range. Stun guns are nice... I don't know how they are handled in your jurisdiction though :/

And yes, martial arts are fantastic.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Firstly, this post made me laugh out loud, until I realized you weren't trying to be funny. The thing about lasers is that it's line of sight ... meaning, if you can 'defend' yourself (assuming you can somehow miraculously and successfully aim the tiny laser point into the assailant's eyes) then you are also visible and exposed. This is, say opposite to a gun, where you can fire a shot into the ground and scaring any intruders the hell away from you and alerting neighbors to call the authorities. Or, alternatively, to personal alarms that produces decibels just shy of bursting ear drums to alert the entire neighborhood that you are in distress from the safety of your room without ever exposing yourself.

Secondly, according to federal laws, which you are under the jurisdiction of according to your "Illinois" location, ordinary citizens cannot purchase lasers with outputs higher than 5MW.

Thirdly, the website you referenced is probably breaking some federal law by even advertising the devices with outputs far higher than 5MW as 'laser pointer" which is a classification reserved solely for devices with less than 5mw output.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Well, I am looking forward a tool for self-defense. And someone commend me this . 532nm 100mW Flashlight Style Adjust Focus Green Laser Pointer P-QL-BA - DailyShop.com
Anyone know about laser pointer ? I have a 10$ coupon on this website . If it is great, I will take one then . I know that laser pointer is harmful for human eyes , but anyway , it's for self-defense.
I would be very wary of taking the advice of anyone who recommended that you buy one of the for self-defense. You would be in a very serious situation if the device was wrestled away from you and then pointed at your eyes, for starters. A ticked off assailant may do just that. Of course, during the tussle for control of the device if you managed to light up a Police helicopter flying overhead at that moment, the assailant may ultimately end up being the least of your worries.

I go with elmarna, take up some real physical defense course rather than tie your fate to a little green light.

Tesia

Don't lie to me .
Firstly, this post made me laugh out loud, until I realized you weren't trying to be funny. The thing about lasers is that it's line of sight ... meaning, if you can 'defend' yourself (assuming you can somehow miraculously and successfully aim the tiny laser point into the assailant's eyes) then you are also visible and exposed. This is, say opposite to a gun, where you can fire a shot into the ground and scaring any intruders the hell away from you and alerting neighbors to call the authorities. Or, alternatively, to personal alarms that produces decibels just shy of bursting ear drums to alert the entire neighborhood that you are in distress from the safety of your room without ever exposing yourself.

Secondly, according to federal laws, which you are under the jurisdiction of according to your "Illinois" location, ordinary citizens cannot purchase lasers with outputs higher than 5MW.

Thirdly, the website you referenced is probably breaking some federal law by even advertising the devices with outputs far higher than 5MW as 'laser pointer" which is a classification reserved solely for devices with less than 5mw output.

Well, that's why I am asking here now. Btw, it's not a local website. Anyway, it seems not a good idea for self-defense with laser pointer . Thank you very much , i think i can choose something else.

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Well, that's why I am asking here now. Btw, it's not a local website. Anyway, it seems not a good idea for self-defense with laser pointer . Thank you very much , i think i can choose something else.

Go with a personal alarm and ear protection. You can't go wrong. You can set it off far from any intruders and you don't even have to be in the same room as the device, which adds to security. A good personal alarm will penetrate most walls and alert everyone within a good 200-300 ft.

Tesia

Don't lie to me .
Go with a personal alarm and ear protection. You can't go wrong. You can set it off far from any intruders and you don't even have to be in the same room as the device, which adds to security. A good personal alarm will penetrate most walls and alert everyone within a good 200-300 ft.

Thanks very much . Well , I think it's a good stuff for night-walking before , but mm, not a good idea , i think . too dangerous . I just want to protect myself instead of hurting others . But anyways ,thank you !

idea

Question Everything

We have two dogs - dogs work great, and they are fun to have around anyways.... I think there are stats out there that show houses with dogs don't get broken into as much.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
We have two dogs - dogs work great, and they are fun to have around anyways.... I think there are stats out there that show houses with dogs don't get broken into as much.

I second the dog notion. Lived in a much less safe country than I do now, and I carried a knife, but since I always had a Rottweiler with me when taking a walk, I rarely felt threatened. Plus dogs are awesome.

idea

Question Everything
I second the dog notion. Lived in a much less safe country than I do now, and I carried a knife, but since I always had a Rottweiler with me when taking a walk, I rarely felt threatened. Plus dogs are awesome.

O man, it says I have to spread some more frubals around before I can give you any more :(... it's the thought that counts, frubal thoughts being sent your way!

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
O man, it says I have to spread some more frubals around before I can give you any more :(... it's the thought that counts, frubal thoughts being sent your way!

And back atcha. I've hit my 24 hour limit, apparently!