• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NoToReligion and SA Huguenot creation evidence.

SA Huguenot

1. once again, that's not what theories are or are about

2. good luck testing your creationism and measuring your god
Again, a lot of words that means sweet nothing.
Check how your atheist scientists want to change the word THEORY to fact based Theory here...What is a Theory? | AMNH

In everyday use, the word "theory" often means an untested hunch, or a guess without supporting evidence. But for scientists, a theory has nearly the opposite meaning. A theory is a well-substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can incorporate laws, hypotheses and facts. The theory of gravitation, for instance, explains why apples fall from trees and astronauts float in space. Similarly, the theory of evolution explains why so many plants and animals--some very similar and some very different--exist on Earth now and in the past, as revealed by the fossil record.

Just notice how this fool takes the theory of evolution to the same scale as the well proven scientific fact of Gravity!
You all have to push to get evolution, the theory of, as scientific fact, now the atheist changes the meaning to something else.
Evolution explains zero, nothing, only evolutionists explains evolution as the reason why there are such a huge varaity of life!
I also have a theory of where life came from.
God created it.
But that is a theory, and yours are a very bad theory indeed.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

No. Instead, a factual response to your nonsense.

A theory in science is a graduated hypothesis. It is the highest level an idea in science can get to. It's not the case that "really good theories" are promoted to fact or law. Instead, theories EXPLAIN facts and laws.
Theories and facts are NOT the same thing. Facts weren't theories and theories don't become facts.

Instead, theories EXPLAIN facts.

Theories are never considered "proven" either. Theories can only ever be supported or disproven.

Check how your atheist scientists want to change the word THEORY to fact

Atheism has nothing whatsoever to do with scientific jargon and concepts.
Here are a few examples:
- atomic theory
- theory of plate tectonics
- theory of relativity
- evolution theory
- heliocentric theory
- big bang theory
- germ theory of desease

All these are scientific theories.
They aren't just some guesses or hunches.
Instead, they are all well supported models that account for all the facts within their well-defined scope and which make testable predictions that check out when tested. They are confirmed hypothesis.

None of these will ever be promoted to "fact", because science doesn't work that way.
Explanatory models and facts are different things.

Facts are just collections of data.
Explanatory models explain this data.

In everyday use, the word "theory" often means an untested hunch, or a guess without supporting evidence. But for scientists, a theory has nearly the opposite meaning. A theory is a well-substantiated explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can incorporate laws, hypotheses and facts. The theory of gravitation, for instance, explains why apples fall from trees and astronauts float in space. Similarly, the theory of evolution explains why so many plants and animals--some very similar and some very different--exist on Earth now and in the past, as revealed by the fossil record.

Exactly. So remember it in the future.

Just notice how this fool takes the theory of evolution to the same scale as the well proven scientific fact of Gravity!

Actually, the theory of evolution is magnitudes more solid then the theory of gravity - which is not the same as the fact of gravity. The theory of gravity is basically relativity: the curvature of space time. That's the EXPLANATION of gravity, of how it works.

Likewise, there are the facts of evolution: observed speciation, change over generations, nested hierarchies in genetics and anatomy, geographic distribution of species, etc.
Then there is the THEORY of evolution, which explains how these things come about (reproduction with variation + selection, in a nutshell).

The workings of gravity isn't nearly as well understood as the workings of evolutionary biology is.

You all have to push to get evolution, the theory of, as scientific fact, now the atheist changes the meaning to something else.

It seems you are still very confused concerning the words "facts" and "theory" in scientific context.
I also find it quite hilarious how it's so painfully obvious that you simply reject an and all science that doesn't fit your creationist narrative, while claiming that your creationist narrative agrees with science.

It's quite ridiculous.

Evolution explains zero, nothing, only evolutionists explains evolution as the reason why there are such a huge varaity of life!

Evolution explains why the human spine isn't really fit for bipedalism, giving 70% of humans lower back pains at some point.
It explains why the human mouth is to small to fit all the teeth, which can necessitate a need to pull the wisdom teeth.
It explains why the human eye is backwards with a blind spot, requiring extra energy being consumed by your brain to "rectify" the image.
It explains why humans have a broken GULO gene - broken in the exact same way as the other great apes.
It explains why you only find koala's and kangaroo's in australia.
It explains why humans need new flu shots every year.
etc etc etc etc etc.

It explains pretty much everything concerning biological traits and the distribution of them.

Next to that, it also makes ridiculously accurate predictions. Like when it was used to predict the existance, traits, location and age of the then still unknown species of tiktaalik, among others.

The explanatory power of evolution theory is actually quite unmatched throughout the scientific world.

Physics doesn't have it's unified field theory - which incidently is one of the reasons why we still don't really understand gravity properly. Well, at least not in such a way that we can unify it with the other forces.

Biology however, DOES have it's unified field theory. It's evolution theory.

God created it.

1. that's not a theory. It's not even a proper hypothesis, because it can't be tested nore falsified. So it seems you already failed to understand @Subduction Zone 's explanation of the flow diagram representing the scientific method midway... So what you have there, is nothing but a bare unsupported fantastical claim

2. evolution explains the DIVERSITY of life, not its origins.

But that is a theory

it's not. And by now you still don't comprehend why it's not, I'm seeing only 3 options that might explain that:
1. you are simply too stupid to comprehend the basics of science. I don't think it's the case, but it certainly could be the case.
2. you are so dogmatically entrenched in your religious belief that your own subconscious simply prevents you from even trying to undertand the basics of science. I think this one is most likely
3. you actually do comprehend the basics of science, but you are just trolling. It hink this one is unlikely because nobody would be so dedicated to trolling.

, and yours are a very bad theory indeed.
So bad, that it explains everything and predicts things like the existance and properties and location and age of 360 million year old unknown species, which then is found in the exact location with the exact properties and age as predicted.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
never, Evolution has zero evidence and zero facts, therefore I reject it.

You just expose your ignorance when you say things like that.

+300.000 peer reviewed publications on the topic that detail evidence and explanation and confirming experimentation.

Millions of fossils that fit within the framework, while there are 0 that don't.
Fossils of previously unknown species, found by prediction based on the theory, matching the prediction in age, location, properties,...
Every genetic study of comparative genomics further confirming the theory.
Every study of comparative anatomy further confirming the theory.

To say things like evolution having zero evidence and facts, is beyond ridiculous.

The biggest BS the world has ever created and fed to ignorant God haters.

So we're just going to ignore the many many theistic, many of whom are christians, evolutionary biologists?

Whatever makes you feel like you can continue believing superstitious myths, I guess.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
never, Evolution has zero evidence and zero facts, therefore I reject it.
The biggest BS the world has ever created and fed to ignorant God haters.
Oh my! This is why we need to finish our lessons that you ran out on. This exposes extreme ignorance in the sciences. As I said I do not think that you are a liar, but if you understood the sciences at all this would be a lie as big as saying that Donald Trump was America's First President. You said you did not want to be laughed at and then you posted this.

Seriously, it is creationism that has no evidence for it. That is why it is illegal to teach it in public schools. The most recent court case had a conservative Christian judge and he knew that there was no evidence for the creationist side. As a judge he had to find for evolution. I don't know what sort of closeted sect of Christianity you are in, but worldwide most Christians do not believe the myths of Genesis. It is not a historical book. And you to believe those myths one is claiming that God is a liar. You really should try to learn why.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Check how your atheist scientists want to change the word THEORY to fact based Theory here...What is a Theory? | AMNH

God created it.
But that is a theory, and yours are a very bad theory indeed.
No, theory has a very specific meaning in the sciences. When one is discussing the sciences one uses the scientific definition. Please, you really need to stop this. In the sciences a theory is as good as it gets. A theory is above even a "law" in the sciences. A law describes what is always seen. A theory describes what is always seen along with an explanation.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
My belief in God came from the propability that :
If there isa God, He would have spoken to humans here on the earth.
If He spoke to humans, then surely we can look at what He said and compare it with logic, science, and history.
If these descriptions agree, and we know it was conveyed at a time when no human would have known about these details, surely we should agree that there laythe evidence of a Creator.
Sadly, the descriptions collide. Therefore, (according to your argument), there is no creator God.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I believe in God, because what I read in the Bible about how He say he created the Earth, is what I find scientists describe on their theories on the evidence they collected.
I came to the opposite conclusion, rejecting those biblical accounts having overlap with science. (And therefore, rejecting the entire Bible.)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Is it perhaps possible that you propably dont like a Christian using the Bible as evidence that God explained how He didit?
I only object to this because the evidence is overwhelming that the Bible is an untrustworthy source of truth and knowledge.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
How did you arrive at this conclusion? How is a "creator" that exists for no known reason any more probable than a universe that exists for no known reason?The central mystery of existence is identical.
Yes, a very important argument. There is no benefit in creating a mental category (called "the supernatural" or "God") in which to place everything mysterious and wondrous. It's easier to accept that the universe itself has all these qualities.

But if someone wants to prove there is a God by providing evidence that he/she is actually interacting with this universe, then that is how to prove there is a God.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
How is it that you think the universe exists for no reason?
They call such reasoning A.S.S.U.M.P.T.I.O.N.
Likewise, there is no reason to assume there is a reason for the universe to exist outside of the fact of its existence. In other words, there is no reason to assume that there is a creator God. That also is an assumption.

The key difference is that there *is* evidence for scientific claims, while there is *no* evidence of a God.