• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NoToReligion and SA Huguenot creation evidence.

SA Huguenot

You're hilarious. You singled out the one point in my whole post that you felt you could actually defend. I am 100% confident that this is the case, and that you ignored my other points (the fact that a formless, dark void was being called "Earth" and that it stated that God had to create this formless dark void first, and the idea that the moon does not shine) because you realized you WOULD have had to apologize, as you said you would.

You have failed to impress, sir, as you always will when discussing these things with anyone who hasn't already intellectually given up and accepted The Bible's account as "fact."
Well, It is true.
I only replied on the first point.
Now if you were totally wrong then, why should I continue with the rest

SA Huguenot

...you ignored my other points (the fact that a formless, dark void was being called "Earth" and that it stated that God had to create this formless dark void first, and the idea that the moon does not shine) because you realized you WOULD have had to apologize, as you said you would."
Just look at what you wrote!
You make a claim that God made the Earth, and only later the Moon.
Where did you get that idea?
I was very clear that God made the earth from a shapeless collection of solids, liquid and gas.
I was also very clear that God made light, before the first day of the earth.
I was clear to say that if the earth was a collection of accreted matter, the Sun was also undergoing the same procedure and eventually fell in on its own mass, and started to ignite. This is exactly what science also says.
I was clear to say that the other planets also accreted the same way the earth did.
The Moon obviously also accreted from this nebular cloud together with the Sun and the Earth and other planets, because the Bible clearly say the sun started to shine very bright on the 4th day, resulting into the light of the planets (aka stars) and the moon, as well as the light of the Sun, shining onto the atmosphere.
Never did I say, nor does Genesis say the Moon was made after the Earth.

Please show me where I said anything like that!
Why these straw puppets?
You are making up stories, and hold me accountable for your claims.
Wow!

SA Huguenot

I wish that one creationist would take me up on my offer to cover the basics of science. Understanding the scientific method and the concept of scientific evidence. Their refusal to do so indicates that they know their beliefs are just a house of cards. The slightest breeze will topple it.
it seems as if you forgot.
The scientific method works this way:

Encyclopaedia Britanica.
The scientific method is critical to the development of scientific theories, which explain empirical (experiential) laws in a scientifically rational manner. In a typical application of the scientific method, a researcher develops a hypothesis, tests it through various means, and then modifies the hypothesis on the basis of the outcome of the tests and experiments. The modified hypothesis is then retested, further modified, and tested again, until it becomes consistent with observed phenomena and testing outcomes. In this way, hypotheses serve as tools by which scientists gather data. From that data and the many different scientific investigations undertaken to explore hypotheses, scientists are able to develop broad general explanations, or scientific theories.scientific method | Definition, Steps, & Application

Then we have the theoretical unverifiable claims such as those you would like to be called science, therefore the atheist in his endevor to further evolution say the scientific method is as follow.
Steps of the Scientific Method
The scientific method is a process for experimentation that is used to explore observations and answer questions. Does this mean all scientists follow exactly this process? No. Some areas of science can be more easily tested than others. For example, scientists studying how stars change as they age or how dinosaurs digested their food cannot fast-forward a star's life by a million years or run medical exams on feeding dinosaurs to test their hypotheses. When direct experimentation is not possible, scientists modify the scientific method. In fact, there are probably as many versions of the scientific method as there are scientists! But even when modified, the goal remains the same: to discover cause and effect relationships by asking questions, carefully gathering and examining the evidence, and seeing if all the available information can be combined in to a logical answer

This is how fools makes bull**** scientific!

SA Huguenot

Now, science is not a story of what I think science should tell me!
Science is the written record of the different entities of the Natural world as OBSERVED AND VALIDATED BY EXPERIMENT.
If I claim that there are aliens, it is a theory, or a story.
It can never be science untill such time as there are repeated observed occurances, supported by experimental validations.
In Other Words.
Show me an alien, and allow me to touch, smell, perhaps taste, hear him make noises or communicate, and only then can we say the existance of aliens is a scientific fact.
IF NOT, IT REMAINS A THEORY! PERIOD!

Then we have other entities of the Natural world which can not be tasted, or seen, or heard, and can not even be touched, such as gravity or radiation.
The scientific method still remains the same, it can be felt and we observe it has an effect on our bodies.
This means it can be measured.
Then we can theorize about its strength, and do experiments.
The same experiments can be replicated, and the observed results will support our theory, which will only then be accepted scientific fact.
If anything can not be tested by experiment, and replicated again to produce the same results, it is not scientific fact, BUT THEORY!

IN CONCLUSION.
ANY ATHEIST BELIEVING IN EVOLUTION, BELIEVES IN A FAIRY TALE, AND NOT IN SCIENTIFIC FACT.
OR THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD TO FORCE FAIRYTALES INTO SCIENCE.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope, you obviously never read what Swedenborg said about tye origins of the universe.
Dont think because someone uses the word "nebular cloud" it is the "Nebular theory".
This was clearly researches by henbest, and today every scientist admits that Kant's theory is the only one between him, Swedenborg, and laplace that corresponds to what science so far discovered on the topic.
You are not doing me any discredit by attempting to deny Kant's description of the origins of the universe. I have scientists claiming what I relay to you.
Therefore, accept this as a fact that the model of the Nebular theory was the brainchild of Kant.
The more you fight against this, the worst your argument gets.

Now, considering that you say
"A person can love science and God and still know that Genesis is myth. Most Christians do this today"
Who do you think you are fooling.
No Christian thinks Genesis is a myth!
only you and your atheist brothers would like to believe Genesis is not true.
Any Christian that say Genesis is a myth denies the sinfull nature of humans by birth into death.
all christians understand that man lost their immortality, and are under the curse of death, and needs the salvation of God to be saved.
Show me one so called christian you claim dont believe in Genesis, and I show you a liar to God!
Of course most Christians think that Genesis is myth. And I see that logic is missing from your toolbox. One does not need a myth that portrays God as evil and inept to realize the "sinful nature of man". You not only believe that your God lies, though you appear to be afraid to learn how you think this. You also think that God is inept and blames others for his errors. Most Christians do not think so poorly of your God as you do.

SA Huguenot

Of course most Christians think that Genesis is myth. And I see that logic is missing from your toolbox. One does not need a myth that portrays God as evil and inept to realize the "sinful nature of man". You not only believe that your God lies, though you appear to be afraid to learn how you think this. You also think that God is inept and blames others for his errors. Most Christians do not think so poorly of your God as you do.
AllChristians dont think as poorly of God as you do!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
it seems as if you forgot.
The scientific method works this way:

Encyclopaedia Britanica.
The scientific method is critical to the development of scientific theories, which explain empirical (experiential) laws in a scientifically rational manner. In a typical application of the scientific method, a researcher develops a hypothesis, tests it through various means, and then modifies the hypothesis on the basis of the outcome of the tests and experiments. The modified hypothesis is then retested, further modified, and tested again, until it becomes consistent with observed phenomena and testing outcomes. In this way, hypotheses serve as tools by which scientists gather data. From that data and the many different scientific investigations undertaken to explore hypotheses, scientists are able to develop broad general explanations, or scientific theories.scientific method | Definition, Steps, & Application

Then we have the theoretical unverifiable claims such as those you would like to be called science, therefore the atheist in his endevor to further evolution say the scientific method is as follow.
Steps of the Scientific Method
The scientific method is a process for experimentation that is used to explore observations and answer questions. Does this mean all scientists follow exactly this process? No. Some areas of science can be more easily tested than others. For example, scientists studying how stars change as they age or how dinosaurs digested their food cannot fast-forward a star's life by a million years or run medical exams on feeding dinosaurs to test their hypotheses. When direct experimentation is not possible, scientists modify the scientific method. In fact, there are probably as many versions of the scientific method as there are scientists! But even when modified, the goal remains the same: to discover cause and effect relationships by asking questions, carefully gathering and examining the evidence, and seeing if all the available information can be combined in to a logical answer

This is how fools makes bull**** scientific!
Like I said, you do not understand the scientific method. Quoting an article that you do not understand only confirms that. And never ever should you of all people ever claim that others are fools.

Are you ready to learn? Can you get over your fear? One thing before we continue, you need to remember the Ninth Commandment. Creationists tend not to understand it. It is not just a ban on lying. It is a ban on "bearing false witness" . That means that even if you believe something to be true, if you say something incorrect against your fellow man that is bearing false witness. Right now you don't know enough science to judge whether something is true or false so watch what you say about others.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now, science is not a story of what I think science should tell me!
Science is the written record of the different entities of the Natural world as OBSERVED AND VALIDATED BY EXPERIMENT.
If I claim that there are aliens, it is a theory, or a story.
It can never be science untill such time as there are repeated observed occurances, supported by experimental validations.
In Other Words.
Show me an alien, and allow me to touch, smell, perhaps taste, hear him make noises or communicate, and only then can we say the existance of aliens is a scientific fact.
IF NOT, IT REMAINS A THEORY! PERIOD!

Then we have other entities of the Natural world which can not be tasted, or seen, or heard, and can not even be touched, such as gravity or radiation.
The scientific method still remains the same, it can be felt and we observe it has an effect on our bodies.
This means it can be measured.
Then we can theorize about its strength, and do experiments.
The same experiments can be replicated, and the observed results will support our theory, which will only then be accepted scientific fact.
If anything can not be tested by experiment, and replicated again to produce the same results, it is not scientific fact, BUT THEORY!

IN CONCLUSION.
ANY ATHEIST BELIEVING IN EVOLUTION, BELIEVES IN A FAIRY TALE, AND NOT IN SCIENTIFIC FACT.
OR THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD TO FORCE FAIRYTALES INTO SCIENCE.
Okay, we can add "theory" to concepts that you do not understand.

SA Huguenot

Everywhere. It does not claim that God made the solar system. It explains how it happened without any magic. Kant may have believed in God, he may even have believed in the Christian God. But he did not believe in your immoral, inept, lying God.
Oh how wrong you are sir!
Kant made it very clear that he worships the God of the Bible.
I am on the verge to decide if talking to you does any good, except that some other members can see how you argue with assumptions on what Kant said and believed.
Not only on Kant, but every argument you supply in an attempt to discredit the Bible, is either an insult to me the person, or simply ASSUMPTIONS galore.
The more noise you make on things not in the topic, the more you display emptyness.

SA Huguenot

Like I said, you do not understand the scientific method. Quoting an article that you do not understand only confirms that. And never ever should you of all people ever claim that others are fools.

Are you ready to learn? Can you get over your fear? One thing before we continue, you need to remember the Ninth Commandment. Creationists tend not to understand it. It is not just a ban on lying. It is a ban on "bearing false witness" . That means that even if you believe something to be true, if you say something incorrect against your fellow man that is bearing false witness. Right now you don't know enough science to judge whether something is true or false so watch what you say about others.
And with all the blah, blah, blah, not a single point on where I am wrong.
pal you can repeat the following a million times....
"You dont understand the scientific method!"
or
"Genesis is a mythological collection from ancient people!"

And after repeating it a million times, it will not all of a sudden change into fact.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh how wrong you are sir!
Kant made it very clear that he worships the God of the Bible.
I am on the verge to decide if talking to you does any good, except that some other members can see how you argue with assumptions on what Kant said and believed.
Not only on Kant, but every argument you supply in an attempt to discredit the Bible, is either an insult to me the person, or simply ASSUMPTIONS galore.
The more noise you make on things not in the topic, the more you display emptyness.
You have never been able to support that claim. In fact you could not spell his first name correctly before I pointed out your error.

Quote and link a source please. You can't wave your hands and expect others to do your homework.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
or

And after repeating it a million times, it will not all of a sudden change into fact.
Then slow down and try to learn. What do you want to learn first?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
or

Then slow down and try to learn. What do you want to learn first?

SA Huguenot

You have never been able to support that claim. In fact you could not spell his first name correctly before I pointed out your error.

Quote and link a source please. You can't wave your hands and expect others to do your homework.
So, your argument gets down to...
You are wrong because you could not spell Kant's first name?
Are you serious?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So, your argument gets down to...
You are wrong because you could not spell Kant's first name?
Are you serious?
Now this is an example of poor logic on your part and a breaking of the Ninth Commandment. You swear you know so much about Kant, but you could not even spell his first name or, and this is the more important part, you could not support any of your claims about him.