• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. Nothing does...

I stopped trying to make sense a long time ago. After all, what I think doesn't matter anyways... I'm just a spec of matter in an infinite place of time and space...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
I put my intuit helmet on last evening and reached the conclusion that ‘nothing’ makes no sense at all.
Here's how I think of it.

Nothing's the opposite of something. Without nothing, there's be no something, and vice versa. They're a pair. They define each other.

Same with light and darkness, good and evil, crunchy and soggy ... ok maybe not that last one. :)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Here's how I think of it.

Nothing's the opposite of something. Without nothing, there's be no something, and vice versa. They're a pair. They define each other.

Same with light and darkness, good and evil, crunchy and soggy ... ok maybe not that last one. :)

Well, apparently all cases of positives and negatives are in the mind, They are first person abstracts, but so is the sentence: They are first person abstracts. Go figure. :)