• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing to see here, move along

Acim

Revelation all the time
Computer scientists urge Clinton campaign to challenge election results | CNN

This story popped on my radar about 15 hours ago. I think it is around a week old (at most) or for some perhaps goes back to 'a feeling they had' on election night. All I can say is that deadlines are quickly approaching (no later than a week from today) in which case this won't really matter other than in the way Dems thought Bush 'stole' the election in 2000.

From what I gather, there is desire to challenge voting results in 3 key swing states, which if they (all) swung the other way, would amount to Trump losing, Clinton winning. That strikes me as really big news. Bigger than all the other news post-election such as petitioning to change the electoral college, which strikes me as entirely unlikely for at least another 8 years, maybe 80 years.

Hard to say how Team Trump would react to this if Camp Clinton goes forward. I'm also under impression that Obama Admin. doesn't want Camp Clinton to pursue this, but if asked to back that up, I'm not sure I can.

I do think in general a recount is good, and would make the transition possibly smoother, but as that could lead to Trump being un-elected, then I think transition could get even uglier than it has been. Perhaps not, hard to say. All I know is the deadlines that are quickly approaching (for one of the states, it's this Friday), they can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I kind of hope this happens just so I can bump every gloaty Trump supporter thread in here and post this:

"Bon Appetite'"
upload_2016-11-23_16-47-41.png

idav

Being
Premium Member
Its more of a mess than anything, Pennsylvania was the state to hack cause they have no audit trail. Not to mention Floridas voting registry getting hacked days before the election. This election has been a pure nightmare but not much we can do about it as far as I know.

Parchment

I kind of hope this happens just so I can bump every gloaty Trump supporter thread in here and post this:

"Bon Appetite'"
View attachment 15204

Oh, so those bother you huh? heh heh heh (wrings hands)- and I voted for Gary Johnson.
In the end though I don't see anything coming out of the "there was no evidence of a hack but there must have been something" idea other than the story will be forgotten. Just some of the last rotten tomatoes to throw Trumps direction even when the show is over and the curtain has long fallen.