• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not...

Ellen Brown

These days, I am comfortable with One God, but have my own reasons for being somewhat ambivalent about Jesus, though know both Christian, Muslim and some Jewish thought on the matter.

I'm all for equal rights for women in the Muslim faith, and know that some Muslim women see the Abaya and Hijab, with Niqab to be a sort of imprisonment, and if they wish not to wear it, I support them.

Me, however, I feel most secure and safe in my Abaya, and Hijab, and understand how some women I know see the Niqab (Face Covering) as protection, especially here in America. A college student fresh from Saudi Arabia often feels uncomfortable and perhaps even unsafe with men staring at them. I wish they understood that if they stay around other people the men here are mostly not dangerous.

Lately, I wish that I could go to Saudi Arabia and wear my Abaya again for one month and if I liked it, to stay there permanently. Nothing against America. I am just sick unto death of Trump and his evil minions, and the hate that is all around me. I am old, sick and tired of feeling unsafe.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Me, however, I feel most secure and safe in my Abaya, and Hijab, and understand how some women I know see the Niqab (Face Covering) as protection, especially here in America.
In America it's less like protection and more like painting a target on your back.