• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not technically a newbie...

Alien826

No religious beliefs
But haven't exactly posted much since first joining either so thought I'd introduce myself.

Pretty much a moderate where it comes to politics, actually a cynic would be more apt. Live and let live overall with an aversion to any kind of extremism and wingnuttery...

Bizarrely enough I've been a member of a conservative religious forum for 17 years and am kinda the only "liberal" left on the place nowadays as it's pretty much an echo chamber for the far right although it was fun in its day and now giving this place a go. Looks pretty good. Hope to have some good convos. :)

Good to meet you. I had a similar experience on a Christian web site. It used to be a fair mix of opinions but became an echo chamber for extreme right wing views. I wonder if it might be a reflection of the country (USA) as a whole. Anyway, I discovered this place a while back and have been here ever since. Plenty of vigorous debate, but not a lot of rudeness.

Anyway, after reading a few of your posts I think I like you already. Your sense of humor mirrors my own and some of the words you use make me think we may be from similar origins (I'm a Brit living in the USA).

Good to meet you. I had a similar experience on a Christian web site. It used to be a fair mix of opinions but became an echo chamber for extreme right wing views. I wonder if it might be a reflection of the country (USA) as a whole. Anyway, I discovered this place a while back and have been here ever since. Plenty of vigorous debate, but not a lot of rudeness.

Anyway, after reading a few of your posts I think I like you already. Your sense of humor mirrors my own and some of the words you use make me think we may be from similar origins (I'm a Brit living in the USA).
You too. I wonder if we were on the same forum - theologyonline? Used to be vibrant back when I joined and it wore its conservative bias readily enough but the founder wanted it to be a place for thriving debate and encouraged participation from all sides. There was plenty of right wing opinions but it was a good balance overall. The founder left some time ago and admitted he didn't like the way it had gone and now it's just a shadow of its former self. Pretty much just an echo chamber for the far right nowadays and dead as a result.

Yeah, I'm a Brit too although not living in America but in the grim ole North of England.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
You too. I wonder if we were on the same forum - theologyonline? Used to be vibrant back when I joined and it wore its conservative bias readily enough but the founder wanted it to be a place for thriving debate and encouraged participation from all sides. There was plenty of right wing opinions but it was a good balance overall. The founder left some time ago and admitted he didn't like the way it had gone and now it's just a shadow of its former self. Pretty much just an echo chamber for the far right nowadays and dead as a result.
Theologyweb. Sounds similar though.
Yeah, I'm a Brit too although not living in America but in the grim ole North of England.

Eeh bah gum!

I was born in Suffolk, so feel free to trot out the country bumpkin jokes.

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome! I'm enjoying your posts here already! I came here to RF from a similar kind of forum that you escaped from, and I've been loving it here ever since. We seem to have a good mix here. I think that the mods here are fair and balanced, as well.

That was lovely how @anna. introduced you to all. (I enjoy her posts, too.)

Have some apricot-cinnamon-walnut rugelach!

apricot cinnamon walnut 2.jpg

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Welcome! I'm enjoying your posts here already! I came here to RF from a similar kind of forum that you escaped from, and I've been loving it here ever since. We seem to have a good mix here. I think that the mods here are fair and balanced, as well.

View attachment 80738

Those are lovely, I've never seen rugelach made that way. I might steal some from Arthur. :) Thanks for your kindness, Rachel, I'm from that same kind of forum as well, and that's why I can see the difference (good difference) in the moderation here.

Theologyweb. Sounds similar though.

Eeh bah gum!

I was born in Suffolk, so feel free to trot out the country bumpkin jokes.
Wouldn't dream of it.

Mind you, were you aware that the original title for the band 'The Stranglers' was 'The Suffolk Eight'?

Bit of *ahem* trivia for you...

View attachment 80738
Thanks! Anna's been a friend for years and we met on the same forum I mentioned earlier. Technically, I'm still there as haven't been perma banned like many dissenting voices to the 'status quo' but it's now just a husk. I certainly enjoy the atmosphere here and the moderating seems balanced which is always healthy for a bustling forum and I enjoy a range of opinions and viewpoints including those I don't agree with. Can make for some interesting debates!

Thanks for the rugelach - looks delish!

meshak2

Thanks! Anna's been a friend for years and we met on the same forum I mentioned earlier. Technically, I'm still there as haven't been perma banned like many dissenting voices to the 'status quo' but it's now just a husk. I certainly enjoy the atmosphere here and the moderating seems balanced which is always healthy for a bustling forum and I enjoy a range of opinions and viewpoints including those I don't agree with. Can make for some interesting debates!

Thanks for the rugelach - looks delish!
Hello Arthur.

Remember me?

we did not converse there much.

I was in TOL too but permabanned a long time ago.

since then, got banned in some other places too.:p

I see Anna too.

she seems to be everywhere too.

anna.

but mostly it's the same
Hello Arthur.

Remember me?

we did not converse there much.

I was in TOL too but permabanned a long time ago.

since then, got banned in some other places too.:p

I see Anna too.

she seems to be everywhere too.

Actually, not really, meshak. I can't think of anywhere we've crossed paths recently. I hope you're doing well.

danieldemol

Premium Member
But haven't exactly posted much since first joining either so thought I'd introduce myself.

Pretty much a moderate where it comes to politics, actually a cynic would be more apt. Live and let live overall with an aversion to any kind of extremism and wingnuttery...

Bizarrely enough I've been a member of a conservative religious forum for 17 years and am kinda the only "liberal" left on the place nowadays as it's pretty much an echo chamber for the far right although it was fun in its day and now giving this place a go. Looks pretty good. Hope to have some good convos. :)
Welcome to (hopefully) regular posting at RF :)