• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

North Korean missle attack against US now "Inevitable"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Trump doesn't have many tools in his tool chest for dealing with people. He's almost a one trick pony when it comes to persuading people to do what he wants them to do. Hence, he's been pretty much ineffective at getting North Korea to calm down.

Besides which, Trump knows his favorable poll numbers go up when he talks "tough" with NK.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
kimtoon011.jpg

I find it amusing how they bicker like they used to be married

Reactions: Vee

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
N.K. is a Chinese bargaining chip. Its plain to see China wants to expand its borders and has already claimed expanded borders. The best thing is if everyone makes clear exactly what they value in the region and what it is worth to them with no surprises.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I would offer to lift the economic embargo and provide food and necessities in exchange for deconstructing the nuclear programme, through DIPLOMACY, not lunatic threats like we're getting from Trump

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I would offer to lift the economic embargo and provide food and necessities in exchange for deconstructing the nuclear programme, through DIPLOMACY, not lunatic threats like we're getting from Trump
We did that back in the 90's.
Turned out that Kim sr. was lying about doing it. As soon as the USA threatened them, they pulled a nuke out of their secrets. And were left alone, as opposed to what happened to the rest of the "Axis of Evil" Iraq and Iran.
Nuclear weapons have worked very well for North Korea for the last two decades.
Tom

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
There is a tiny, tiny part of me that thinks that trump and kim are colluding. while we're all distracted, they're pulling off some get rich quick scheme. i'm probably wrong, but i kinda hope i'm right.

N.K. is a Chinese bargaining chip. Its plain to see China wants to expand its borders and has already claimed expanded borders. The best thing is if everyone makes clear exactly what they value in the region and what it is worth to them with no surprises.
Like, as if. Sorry, couldn't help it. That would call for leaders on the world stage to be honest, and frankly, there seems to be a distinct lack of honesty...

Kim Jong-un is a deluded dictator/madman who has complete power over everyone around him and is denied nothing. Donald Trump, is a self-aggrandizing narcissist, that has been rich his entire life, and is denied, almost nothing (almost came after the election). Neither of these men is concerned with backing down, or the consequences of moving forward, because all they know is "winning". It truly is a scary time, and we can only hope that the people around them, will somehow step in and prevent this from going where it appears to be heading at the moment.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Kim Jong-un is a deluded dictator/madman who has complete power over everyone around him and is denied nothing. Donald Trump, is a self-aggrandizing narcissist, that has been rich his entire life, and is denied, almost nothing (almost came after the election). Neither of these men is concerned with backing down, or the consequences of moving forward, because all they know is "winning". It truly is a scary time, and we can only hope that the people around them, will somehow step in and prevent this from going where it appears to be heading at the moment.
I don't actually buy into that. I see him as a puppet of the general staff. He was a total non-entity before his father's sudden death. My guess is he is working on a very short leash. If anything, this is about Un getting rid of his leash, becoming a real man, to the generals.

I don't actually buy into that. I see him as a puppet of the general staff. He was a total non-entity before his father's sudden death. My guess is he is working on a very short leash. If anything, this is about Un getting rid of his leash, becoming a real man, to the generals.
Hmm, well considering I've neither been to North Korea, nor actually met the man, I was only basing the opinion on what information was available. His father before him, and his grandfather before his father were the supreme rulers, so I doubt that he was ever hurting for anything. And when daddy can have you killed for looking cross eyed at him, who wants to deny you something? There is a long list of people he has had purged/executed. Regardless, they are firing missiles. They are testing nukes. They did threaten to send them here.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The more threats North Korea makes, the bigger liability that it makes itself so their threats should be encouraged.

I think the US and NK public deserve more education about post Hiroshima footage so support for pre-emptive Nuclear war will be undermined.
I agree. Wholeheartedly. But, proper education is antithetical to complete control of a populace, so it most likely won't happen.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
The more threats North Korea makes, the bigger liability that it makes itself so their threats should be encouraged.
Bigger liability to who?
Unfortunately for the USA, an ugly incident between us and our allies versus North Korea would be good for Russian interests. And our Commander in Chief is more beholden to Putin than the USA electorate.
And everybody knows that.
Tom