• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nope.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I am not complaining, I am just trying to come up with a possible solution, but meanwhile........
Another idea: maybe you can train them? It's more work for a while but might be worth it.
Feed them only at a certain time (and the squirrels and the birds at other times). Don't leave food outside on other times.
Most animals have a sense of time and they will be there when it's feeding time but they will pester your neighbours the rest of the day.
And have something handy to throw or shoot at them when they misbehave.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Another idea: maybe you can train them? It's more work for a while but might be worth it.
Feed them only at a certain time (and the squirrels and the birds at other times). Don't leave food outside on other times.
Most animals have a sense of time and they will be there when it's feeding time but they will pester your neighbours the rest of the day.
And have something handy to throw or shoot at them when they misbehave.
Thanks. I am starting to do that. I only feed them at certain times of the day, usually only in the morning and sometimes once later in the day. I am not feeding them whenever they look through the sliding glass door, and when I don't feed them eventually they get the message and go away. I think they now know that when I turn the deck light out that I am not bringing them any more food. They are smart critters.

I never leave food out for them because it is gone not long after I put it out.

If I feed the raccoons on the back deck I can usually feed the squirrels bird food on the front deck while the raccoons are eating but it is never long before the raccoons come around to the front deck and start eating the bird food. The racks make me so mad because I love my squirrels!

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think you are right, some people don't know any better but they should know better.

Officer, officer, I ran the red light and smashed into that car full of people because I did not know any better!
Imagine how well that is going to go over in court. :rolleyes:
Indeed. Ignorantia juris non excusat.