• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-Muslims in love with ahadith - in bed with the enemy.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Than all non-Muslim and Muslim historians and academics consider the 'a hadith' to be historical, because it was written at some time in the past.

So your premise is that anything that's written in the past states only historical events? No examples needed. "Ahadith!! All of them are historical because they were written in the past"? Is that your premise?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
My belief is that the most historically close literature to the events in Muhammad’s Life is the Quran. It is the Word of God, hadiths are not. If a Hadith contradicts the Quran, I refer to the Quran as the truth.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So your premise is that anything that's written in the past states only historical events? No examples needed. "Ahadith!! All of them are historical because they were written in the past"? Is that your premise?

No, I did not say what is recorded in history is more than that anything that's written in the past states only historical events. Written history covers events previous writings religious and secular. It includes records of people' places and things. If at one time the 'a hadith' was recorded at some time in the past it would be historical without the consideration as to whether it is true sacred scripture of Islam. Yes, some Muslims believe it is sacred scripture and some do not, but non-Muslims do not make the differentiation.

firedragon

Veteran Member
No, I did not say what is recorded in history is more than that anything that's written in the past states only historical events. Written history covers events previous writings religious and secular. It includes records of people' places and things. If at one time the 'a hadith' was recorded at some time in the past it would be historical without the consideration as to whether it is true sacred scripture of Islam. Yes, some Muslims believe it is sacred scripture and some do not, but non-Muslims do not make the differentiation.

What do you want to argue about? Which topic?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What do you want to argue about? Which topic?

The problem of defining what you call 'historical' and how non-Muslims consider the 'a hadith.'

Again . . .

firedragon

Veteran Member
The problem of defining what you call 'historical' and how non-Muslims consider the 'a hadith.'

Again . . .

This is not about muslims. So, its not relevant. I am Muslim, so telling me what Muslims believe is not needed, and irrelevant. If you wish to discuss that, you could open a new thread. No Problem.

It is pretty stupid to think that just because the "putting down (writing not writings) of ahadith" is historical, that is what I mean by historical. What I mean by historical is things that actually happened in the past. Maybe you were obsessed about seeing the word "actually" in that sentence because you are not used to seeing sentences like "this happened yesterday" and thinking its just a story until you see the word "actually happened yesterday".

A historical event is something that happened in the past. Since you will not like that sentence and argue about an irrelevant precision again I will say "A historical event is something that ACTUALLY happened in the past.

Now read the OP and try and understand what someone is saying. If you wish to discuss something irrelevant, please open a new thread. If you don't understand the OP, and if you think I have not explained clearly, just say that with humility and I will explain. Its quite simple rather than being hellbent in arguing about something or trying to find hypocrisy in the person.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This is not about muslims. So, its not relevant. I am Muslim, so telling me what Muslims believe is not needed, and irrelevant. If you wish to discuss that, you could open a new thread. No Problem.

It is pretty stupid to think that just because the "putting down (writing not writings) of ahadith" is historical, that is what I mean by historical. What I mean by historical is things that actually happened in the past. Maybe you were obsessed about seeing the word "actually" in that sentence because you are not used to seeing sentences like "this happened yesterday" and thinking its just a story until you see the word "actually happened yesterday".

A historical event is something that happened in the past. Since you will not like that sentence and argue about an irrelevant precision again I will say "A historical event is something that ACTUALLY happened in the past.

Now read the OP and try and understand what someone is saying. If you wish to discuss something irrelevant, please open a new thread. If you don't understand the OP, and if you think I have not explained clearly, just say that with humility and I will explain. Its quite simple rather than being hellbent in arguing about something or trying to find hypocrisy in the person.

I am not arguing about Muslims. The actual fact that the 'a hadith' was actually written in the past is a historical fact. This has nothing to do with whether it is believed or recorded in the West as sacred scripture. Non-Muslims are indifferent as to whether the 'a hadith' is sacred Islamic scripture or not.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I am not arguing about Muslims. The actual fact that the 'a hadith' was actually written in the past is a historical fact.

Well, anything that was written in the past is a historical fact.

The Bible was written in the past. It is a historical fact that it was written in the past. Same goes to the Quran, or the ahadith.

But why would a non-muslim quote ahadith as historical fact?

Read the OP.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Well, anything that was written in the past is a historical fact.

The Bible was written in the past. It is a historical fact that it was written in the past. Same goes to the Quran, or the ahadith.

But why would a non-muslim quote ahadith as historical fact?

Read the OP.

The existence only of the documents are historical facts written in the past, and not believe in nor consider contents as factual or sacred. Non-Muslims would not quote the 'a hadith' nor Quran as historically factual, nor support them as sacred scripture of Islam.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The existence only of the documents are historical facts written in the past, and not believe in nor consider contents as factual or sacred. Non-Muslims would not quote the 'a hadith' nor Quran as historically factual, nor support them as sacred scripture of Islam.

Thanks. Please open a new thread to discuss your topic.