• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non-magick Wiccans

Circle_One

Oh Kreeden, I took absolutely no offense in anything you said, so don't worry about that.

However, I do see what you're saying about it being an interpretation, and I do tend to agree, but only in the sense that I think the interpretation only differs between those who are Wiccan and those who are not.

Wiccans are taught one thing, especially those who are apart of covens or who have done their inititian, whereas those who aren't Wiccans aren't exposed to the teachings Wiccans are so the interpretation is bound to be slightly different.

I didn't mean to say my interpretation was right and any others were wrong, but I was brought up in a Wiccan household so my thoughts on the Rede and the Karmic Law come from years of teachings and coven lessons.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) I have been thinking the same thing C1 . Not being Wiccan , my defination of what a Wiccan is may be quite different then your's .

I studied the Craft way back in the late 70s / early 80s . Things have changed quite a bit since then . :) I have to ask , are all Covens taught the same ? I mean other then the Rede and the likes . Wicca was a very personalized religion at one time .

Circle_One

See, I'm not Wiccan, but my mother is and has been since I was a young child, but I was brought up in a Wiccan household so I know a lot of what the practice and teach.

And no, not all covens teach the same thing. Wicca has many different traditions and though most of them have a lot of things in common, they are, for the most part, quite different from one another and so their teachings are different. I've not been to many coven meetings of different traditions, only those of my mother's coven, though I have met and celebrated with others from different traditions when I used to go to the Sabbat celebrations with my mother.

I'll ask my mother if I see her tomorrow about the different teaching of different traditions, she will know more than I.

The one thing I can tell you though is, like Paganism, the different Pantheons of differing traditions do teach things many different things. It is basically only the Rede, the laws, ect. that are the same.

(I believe I may have said the word 'different' way too many times in that sentence. You'll forgive me for my lack of terminology tonight as it's almost midnight and I'm still running on 5 hours of sleep, with only another 5 tonight before work tomorrow :D)

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Yea , I was wondering what you were doing up while making my last post here . :)

Thank you for your reply . Your answer was what I thought . :) And I hope that it never changes . IMHO that is the beauty of Pagan beliefs , the freedom .

And get to bed . :) It is now midnight in Montreal . Pleasent dreams .

Circle_One

kreeden said:
Hey , I have another question . Is a Wiccan who does not practice Magic still a Witch ?
No they are not still considered a witch. They are merely Wiccan. I'm sure there is another term for a non-Magick Wiccan, but I don't know the term and am actually having quite a hard time finding it.

The closest I found was Pantheism (I think that was the word, I shall check again) but Pantheism isn't Wicca, it's just a non-magick Pagan religion made up of those whole worship and revere nature but find it hard to believe in the supernatural aspects of Wicca and a lot of the other Pagan religions....something along those lines.

Prima

I've been poking around, and pretty much everyone agrees that Wiccans don't have to practice magic, but it's hard finding details

Circle_One

fabbers said:
well seeing that all of wicca revolvs around magik i dont see it possible
All of Wicca doesn't revolve around Magick, Fabbers. Wicca revolves around nature, Earth-based beliefs. Magick is a benefit of Wicca, should you choose to practice it, but there are many, many who don't and one doesn't have to practice it to be Wiccan. Worshipping the Goddess and God and following any Wiccan tradition you so desire, makes one as much Wiccan as someone who does all that and pratices Magick.