• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahs Ark

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
The extra water just magically appeared from nowhere, and then magically disappeared in the same way. Duh.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
That's a simple one to answer. You don't need "extra water" just use the water you already have on earth. All you have to do is sink all the land around you far enought so that all the land is underwater and add few rain drops and you have a biblical deluge. At the end of 150 days raise the land so it is all above sea level so it can dry out and presto the biblical story could be true. :rolleyes:
The extra water just magically appeared from nowhere, and then magically disappeared in the same way. Duh.
That's not the Biblical description though.

Arlanbb

I asked were all the extra water came from and went because I was trying to show just how impossible the global flood was. You on the other hand are offering a "solution" to this impossible event, sounds kind of pointless to me. And no, the weight of the water floating above the earth would not crush us, it would generate enough heat to cook us and boil away the oceans.
Hi Richard ~ I came across this info today on "Creation "Science" and the Flood of Noah" by Lenny Flank, www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hanger/2437/flood.htm?200920
on page 3 of 4 pages he makes this statement about air presure."Water presure is very heavey, and a layer of vaper such as that postulated by creationists would produce an atmospheric pressure at sea level of some 900 atmospheres, ...equal to pressure five and a half miles deep in the ocean. Noah and his ark.....would have been crushed....before they could have set sail." So I guess I was right all along. You have a great day and some days are better than others like today when you find out your right. :yes:

richardlowellt

Hi Richard ~ I came across this info today on "Creation "Science" and the Flood of Noah" by Lenny Flank, www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/hanger/2437/flood.htm?200920
on page 3 of 4 pages he makes this statement about air presure."Water presure is very heavey, and a layer of vaper such as that postulated by creationists would produce an atmospheric pressure at sea level of some 900 atmospheres, ...equal to pressure five and a half miles deep in the ocean. Noah and his ark.....would have been crushed....before they could have set sail." So I guess I was right all along. You have a great day and some days are better than others like today when you find out your right. :yes:
First understand that "Creation Science" is not a good source for any kind of information, it would be IMPOSSIBLE in the first place to have that much water suspended above the Earth. Anything postulated by a Creationist that involves science will be warped to conform to their beliefs. So in the long run you are NOT right, as the initial condition of water above the earth is an impossibility, sorry to spoil your great day!

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
First understand that "Creation Science" is not a good source for any kind of information, it would be IMPOSSIBLE in the first place to have that much water suspended above the Earth. Anything postulated by a Creationist that involves science will be warped to conform to their beliefs. So in the long run you are NOT right, as the initial condition of water above the earth is an impossibility, sorry to spoil your great day!

Obviously an enormous ice meteor hit the Earth and burned up in the atmosphere and that caused the flood.

Geez, Richard, you can be so dense sometimes. EMBRACE Creation "Science" :rolleyes:

shortfade2

In todays atmosphere. What about in one where people can live to be 969 years old? It was probably just a titch differant.:yes:...If you are debating based on what the Bible accounts. If not then I dont really have an argument because I'm not exactly science smart.:no:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
In todays atmosphere. What about in one where people can live to be 969 years old? It was probably just a titch differant.:yes:...If you are debating based on what the Bible accounts. If not then I dont really have an argument because I'm not exactly science smart.:no:

Wait...what? You think aging is based on atmosphere and not telomere length?

Edit: Since you aren't "science smart", as you say, here's a link that simplifies it - http://longevity.about.com/od/researchandmedicine/p/telomeres.htm

richardlowellt

Obviously an enormous ice meteor hit the Earth and burned up in the atmosphere and that caused the flood.

Geez, Richard, you can be so dense sometimes. EMBRACE Creation "Science" :rolleyes:
No, No, you forgot about the geysers of water that somehow shot up into outer space causing not only meteors but were responsible for the pock marks on the moon. Not sure how they got on the far side of the moon though, maybe it was rotating at the time.

richardlowellt

And in what "atmosphere" do people live to be 969 years old? And why not 970, or 968, what makes the difference?

Willful ignorance is no excuse, a little science never hurt anyone, unless you count Creationists. Go to the library and read some books on basic science concepts, then go to a local science museum, you'd be surprised how good a little education feels, you might even be able to participate in the discussions here. Good luck with your studies.

shortfade2

And in what "atmosphere" do people live to be 969 years old? And why not 970, or 968, what makes the difference?

Willful ignorance is no excuse, a little science never hurt anyone, unless you count Creationists. Go to the library and read some books on basic science concepts, then go to a local science museum, you'd be surprised how good a little education feels, you might even be able to participate in the discussions here. Good luck with your studies.

Dont insult me you dink. I am in high school, k? Willful ignorance? I am takin gthe highest level classes available for me. I am a straight A student in honors/AP classes, and am probably going to get a scholarship to a good college. I have already gotten a $7000 small scholorships to a smaller Christian School, Manhattan Christian College. 969 specifies the biblical account for Methusala, the oldest living man (According to the Bible, that is)

richardlowellt

Dont insult me you dink. I am in high school, k? Willful ignorance? I am takin gthe highest level classes available for me. I am a straight A student in honors/AP classes, and am probably going to get a scholarship to a good college. I have already gotten a $7000 small scholorships to a smaller Christian School, Manhattan Christian College. 969 specifies the biblical account for Methusala, the oldest living man (According to the Bible, that is)

Yes with that beginning phrase I can tell you are in high school. If you are a student in honors you should be better at science, study a little harder. The bible should not be used for anything other than moral guidance, for those that can't seem to figure out right and wrong by themselves. Biblical accounts like the oldest living man, or the global flood, are most likely allegory, try not to take then literally.

shortfade2

thx for recognizing my high school-ness. :D but anyways science is my worst subject. I prefer English, Public speaking, and history, so I;m not your guy to just study harder in science because some guy on the internet told me too. Also, who are you to say what the bible is for? The Bible is for whatever the reader needs it for. Not what you limit it to

richardlowellt

thx for recognizing my high school-ness. :D but anyways science is my worst subject. I prefer English, Public speaking, and history, so I;m not your guy to just study harder in science because some guy on the internet told me too. Also, who are you to say what the bible is for? The Bible is for whatever the reader needs it for. Not what you limit it to

Only a little science will help, I was not very good in school at science and biology either, but later in life grew interested in what makes our universe what it is, how does it work, a little research taught me much about how our world works. Being able to speak intelligently about how things work will be a big help to you down the road.

Not quite true, the bible can only be used for moral teachings and allegory, for instants you would never use the bible to support anything in science, although many try and look completely foolish in doing so.

Arlanbb

Just because information comes from a "Creation Science" source does not prove the information in incorrect. Have you ever considered that the person who wrote that information might have stumbled upon the truth by reading "The TalkOrigins Archives". There are over 20 articals in the Archives that say the same thing about the "air pressure" in the Vapor canopy that I stated but you say "in the long run you are NOT right".
Regardless of what you say these 20 or so articals say I'M RIGHT. I guess you got ****** off because I deflated your argument about "where did the water come from and go to". That's OK ~ that just prove that a little knowledge and trip up anyone. Here are just a few of TalkOrigins references you might want to read.
www.talkorigions.org /faqs/canopy.html or /indexcc/CH/CH401.htm
or /origins/faqs-flood.html
or /faqs/hovind/howgood-add.html
or / " /***-noah-ark.html
In these discussions on the Genesus deluge stories most of the statements are hypothectical and anyone with any real knowledge in science knows that these ideas from most of the creationist are groundless. :cool::rolleyes:

richardlowellt

Just because information comes from a "Creation Science" source does not prove the information in incorrect. Have you ever considered that the person who wrote that information might have stumbled upon the truth by reading "The TalkOrigins Archives". There are over 20 articals in the Archives that say the same thing about the "air pressure" in the Vapor canopy that I stated but you say "in the long run you are NOT right".
Regardless of what you say these 20 or so articals say I'M RIGHT. I guess you got ****** off because I deflated your argument about "where did the water come from and go to". That's OK ~ that just prove that a little knowledge and trip up anyone. Here are just a few of TalkOrigins references you might want to read.
www.talkorigions.org /faqs/canopy.html or /indexcc/CH/CH401.htm
or /origins/faqs-flood.html
or /faqs/hovind/howgood-add.html
or / " /***-noah-ark.html
In these discussions on the Genesus deluge stories most of the statements are hypothectical and anyone with any real knowledge in science knows that these ideas from most of the creationist are groundless. :cool::rolleyes:

I thought everyone knew that ANYTHING from creation science or talk origins was groundless and religiously biased, i guess you never got the memo. Trying to carry on a conversation with someone who's knowledge of science is so limited that they can accept 13.5 billion cubic MILES of EXTRA water floating around in space is just a little frustrating. Do try and educate yourself on matters of basic science, these kinds of conversations will go much better for you.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
How did they fit a pair of Brontosaurus on the ark? Where do these lifeforms fit into the Bible? I've not seen a reference.
Why on earth do people ask absurd questions like this? Was it actually your intent to generate a serious discussion? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
There are those who claim the Ark contained dinosaurs, i think he was just addressing this absurd claim.

You just hate God. And you think you're God. Silly, Richard lol.

You're so biased towards the evolutionists who just want to see atheism kill every firstborn on Earth.

You're have one fundamental flaw, Richie. God is omnipotent. So if God WILLS the water to appear and disappear, what else is there to it? I mean, God created everything didn't He? Evidence be damned if it shows the water was never there. That's SATAN trying to trick you. Creation Science is the REAL science here. Pft.

(Note: I don't think I could say this with a straight face to you in real life, Richard lol)

Arlanbb

I thought everyone knew that ANYTHING from creation science or talk origins was groundless and religiously biased, i guess you never got the memo. Trying to carry on a conversation with someone who's knowledge of science is so limited that they can accept 13.5 billion cubic MILES of EXTRA water floating around in space is just a little frustrating. Do try and educate yourself on matters of basic science, these kinds of conversations will go much better for you.
I agree with you completely anyone who says that "13.5 billion cubic miles of extra water floating around in space is just a little frustrating." Who do you know that believes in the canopy theory? The statement in day 4 of creation where the stars could be seen disproves there was a cloud vapor around the earth from creation to the deluge.:D:D:cool: