• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Space Beyond Universe?

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
The so called three dimensions of space are abstracted from non-dimensional infinity to serve as concepts representing the three primary directions relative to a point in space. They are mental abstractions and have no real existence outside of mind.

How do you know that? I hope your mind didn't tell you...

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You're close,...only when the mind is free from thinking is reality present...directly.

When you think about space, the actual reality is obscured by your thoughts representing it...the great irony.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
You're close,...only when the mind is free from thinking is reality present...directly.

When you think about space, the actual reality is obscured by your thoughts representing it...the great irony.

That's an interesting way to look at things.

Tell me, where is your "OFF" button for thinking? I believe I was assembled without one, myself. Factory defect, I suppose. I hope I'm laying it on thick enough this time.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No 'OFF' button exists, stilling of the mind will happen effortlessly eventually through dhyan/zen/meditation practice. The cosmos is an indivisible One, all distinctions are made by the conceptualizing mind.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
No 'OFF' button exists, stilling of the mind will happen effortlessly eventually through dhyan/zen/meditation practice.

I thought you might say something like that! Allow me to retort!

I in no way, shape, or form have any desire to stop thinking. In fact, I very much desire the opposite of what you suggest. I like to think all the time. I love my mind and the thinking it does. Switching it off would be like stabbing myself in the face. So, please refrain from suggesting I do anything like that. It's useless to me. Go on with your bad self. Do your thing. Leave me out of it.

The cosmos is an indivisible One, all distinctions are made by the conceptualizing mind.

That's a very pretty guess you have there.

dust1n

Zindīq
And that will be very hard by the way, because there are multiple forms of vacuums, and we how no way of knowing exactly the case, because we can't see past what we are seeing now.

It's all very plausible that there could be nothing outside of space do to the nature of curved spacetime. When you effectively have reached the 'border', you may very well be entering the 'border' corresponding to another place within the universe.