• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No new cases of coronavirus in NZ for the last 13 days

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I have been too busy to update about coronavirus in New Zealand but we are going extremely well. We’ve had no new cases for the last 13 days and currently just one active case in a country of just over 5 million.

As a nation we have the advantage of being an Island nation but with having to close our borders to the 4 million visitors annually our economy has taken a major hit.

We’re still doing a great deal of testing but we are confident we’ve eliminated coronavirus. The challenges now are reopening our economy and managing our borders to keep the virus out.

I’m hugely relieved that the health system I’m part of is starting to return to normal as with most other aspects of life. I thought it timely to remind everyone that elimination of the virus is possible and we’re hopeful the elimination can be sustained with the appropriate public health strategies.

We’ve had over 1500 cases with 22 deaths. At one stage we were having nearly 100 new cases a day at the peak of the outbreak but that’s a distant memory now. I know many places around the world are coming to grips with the pandemic as the number of new cases diminishes.

Covid 19 coronavirus: 13 days in a row! No new cases today - Ashley Bloomfield

Heyo

Veteran Member
Braggart!
OK, I'm officially jealous. We were often lauded as having dealt well with the crisis, but your performance is absolutely outstanding.