• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No natives in Boston law?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I have been told that up untill Newfoundland joined Canada in 1949 , it was still legal to buy a premit to hunt Beothuk , in theory at lest . The law goes back to a time when fur trapers had trouble keeping their steel traps . The Beothuk never trusted the Europeans { not after the Vikings } and the best source of iron or steel were traps . Of course , the law meant little in 1949 as the last known Beothuk , a lady called Shanawdithit, died of tuberculosis in 1829 .

They were a proud People . The Only natives of the eastern seaboard never to have allied with neither the French or English . Nor did they side with the Iroquois or the Algonquian . ( the Mi'kmaq were noted enemies ) . Changes are , they were the " Skraelings " of Viking lengend . They also most likely give us the term " Red Man " because of their custom of covering everything in red dye ; cloths , tools , even their bodies and hair .

Sorry , kinda got carried away . But I feel that some one should remember them , and tell their tale .

Pah

Uber all member
http://www.angelfire.com/on2/oddnews/issue13b.html
Odd Laws from MASSACHUSETTS

No gorilla is allowed in the back seat of any car.

Tomatoes may not be used in the production of clam chowder.

Quakers and witches are banned.

Bullets may not be used as currency.
http://www.holdenpd.com/laws.html adds
* Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.

* Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.

* An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.

* Hunting on Sundays is prohibited.

* It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
I'm having a hard time putting things into words tonight . But I would like to appologize Painted Wolf if I went too far with the post about the Beothuk .

The silly old law that I like comes from S.C. . It states that it is illegal to keep a horse in a bath tub . ????

BTW , hunting on Sundays is still illegal in Nova Scotia . To the best of my knewledge .

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Cool . :) And it is about time .

{ not about time that you got arrested PW ;) ... about time they got rid of all of those silly old laws }