• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No more doubts

john63

titmouse
I very recently had some doubts about the LDS Church, but after re-reading 2 Nephi 28, 29 I realize now that in order to learn the truth one must learn it from the right source. I am guilty of almost buying into some very anti-Mormon nonsense recently, but no more will I try to seek truth by listening to the ramblings of people who don't know it.

A couple of verses that really struck a cord with me:

2 Nephi 29:9
9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same
yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words
according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken
one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my
work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of
man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.

2 Nephi 29:10
10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose
that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I
have not caused more to be written.

This is good stuff!:D

I'm not going to change my religion that I state in profile back to LDS though, until I have made my covenant with God and have been baptised. Although I have embraced the Book of Mormon as the Word of God, I am not yet a member of the church.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Where's Net Doc when I need him! LOL! He stated something one time, I wish I could remember exactly what he said... Something like "Doubt your doubts and believe in your beliefs."....
Bottom line. Follow what you believe to be true in your heart. Stick to your guns, and trust your own instincts​
:)

Nehustan

When I was baptised and confirmed (on the same day) I recall my headmaster gave me a small book that contained (as his dedication, handwritten within) a wisdom I have carried with me since, despite recanting my belief in the Nicean creed in writing to my archbishop. I have since lost the book, but retain the wisdom....

'To your ownself and your God be true'​

by my reading that God would be the one you have always known, knowledge can change, real faith does not, it may be strengthened, weaken, God forbid even seem to have left, but always remember that God, in a way best known to himself, is. I think it was the 'theosophical society's' motto that states....

'There is no religion higher than truth'​

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
One thing you must remember in life, never ask a sales man if you should buy his goods.

Always take time to study... take time to think...take time to pray...take time to make up your own mind.
You always have enough time, when it comes to thinking about God.

Making a decision is not the same as changing your mind.
God is always there helping you learn.
because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose
These words are plainly a good starting point for a LDS.

Terry________________________-
Blessed are the pure of heart, they shall behold their God.

jonny

That's good to hear. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I love those scriptures that you quoted up there also. I have a funny story about sharing them as a missionary in Germany. I was very new and didn't quite understand German yet. Someone asked why we needed another Bible and I thought, I have a scripture for that! Let's just say that reading a German the scripture that hypothetically asks how they thanked the Jews for the Bible made for an interesting moment. I did learn a valuable lesson about simply reading things in a language I didn't completely understand though. :)

Solon

john63 said:
I very recently had some doubts about the LDS Church, but after re-reading 2 Nephi 28, 29 I realize now that in order to learn the truth one must learn it from the right source. I am guilty of almost buying into some very anti-Mormon nonsense recently, but no more will I try to seek truth by listening to the ramblings of people who don't know it.

I'm not going to change my religion that I state in profile back to LDS though, until I have made my covenant with God and have been baptised. Although I have embraced the Book of Mormon as the Word of God, I am not yet a member of the church.
John63, LOL, you do recall the info you PM'd me with ?

Cheers

S

john63

titmouse
Solon said:
John63, LOL, you do recall the info you PM'd me with. The word Hypocrite comes to mind.

Cheers

S
Yes I do remember the info I PMed you with and I found it all to not be true. As a matter of fact the video I saw was viewed by a panel of church leaders representing several other faiths as well and they all agreed that it must all be fabrication.

I have no problem with you Solon, so please don't try to belittle me. Just because I was briefly mislead by some false information and came back to the truth doesn't make me a hypocrite. If your trying to make me lose face with other Mormons here, I trust they are all bright enough to know the difference.

Solon

I'm not belittling you, I was curious as to the volte face; you have every right to change your views.

If, you want to follow the LDS path, that's your choice. I remain critical of the LDS position.

Regards

Solon

john63

titmouse
I can almost predict what's coming next, Solon is going to pull my PMs to him from me out of his butt and post them here. Therefore, I'll just tell eveyone myself.

I watched the video "The God Makers- Mormon Consipracy". It made allegations against the First Presidency and the Apostles that I won't repeat here. It's not important. It also made the claim that Mormons still practice "Blood Atonement" and tries to convince that Mormons are being murdered. There are other allegations, but I don't need to list them all.

Anyway, I was stupid enough to believe all this nonsense and I feel stupid for almost falling for it.

Solon

Wrong John, I have no intention of posting private communications as it goes against the whole ethic of private messaging.

S

john63

titmouse
Solon said:
Wrong John, I have no intention of posting private communications as it goes against the whole ethic of private messaging.

S
Ok well I apologise. I've seen that done so many times on other discussion forums that I almost expected it. Sorry!

Aqualung

Tasty
john63 said:

Yep, those are some of my favourite passages of scripture!

john63 said:

That's what happened to me. I had originally had it as LDS when I figured that's what I was, but then I deleted that and waited until I got baptised to change it.

BTW, the God makers is an anti-mormon film. You can be guarunteed that what you find in it will be biased.