• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nithyananda

User108

Some new accusations labeled against his organisation recently - look up Sarah Landry for those who don't know. What are people's thoughts? Personally I'm really torn. I followed him since I was 19 and I'm now 31. I've learnt so much from him by his teachings but I've become disillusioned over the past few years and this new accusation feels like breaking point for me. Wish I could receive some guidance.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Keep the message, not the messenger, I guess, although you'd have to more specific about the teachings to really delve into it. Sorry I can't speak from any experience.

Best wishes and welcome to the forum.

User108

Does anyone know of enlightened beings who get easily angry? Or who resort to quite vulgar language to defend themselves? This is what he and his followers do and I feel if they were enlightened they wouldn't act in this way.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Does anyone know of enlightened beings who get easily angry? Or who resort to quite vulgar language to defend themselves? This is what he and his followers do and I feel if they were enlightened they wouldn't act in this way.

If the group you're in is manipulative, then they may manage to put the master/teaching in the place of some deep-rooted psychological need, and if you challenge the master/teaching, you challenge their "life buoy", so to say, so naturally they respond with anger. As for the master, he is probably not used to dissent (any more), so he may react angrily as well.

As for the guru I criticized (Swami Vishwananda), for a long time there have been rumors about abuse of male disciples, but this doesn't seem to shake the faith of his followers in him. That's human nature.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sirona has given you a very good reply in the Hindu forum. It is always good to check on a guru beforehand on internet before you start taking him as God incarnate. Nithiananda does the normal thing that fake gurus do 'initiate you in kundalini' and show you the way to 'siddhis', which is a farce. He is a known sex deviant, and I am sure, so are his managers. It was a mistake (or some kind of pressure) on part of his guru that he anointed him as his successor just prior to his death. I wonder how could you follow him for such a long time? As for the teachings, fake gurus sound even wiser than the real gurus. There is a lot of information on him on internet.
Nithyananda - Wikipedia

And basically, why do you need a guru? All information on Hinduism is available in our scriptures and internet. The ancient gurus have left all necessary information in their writings. 'You can be your own guru' - that is my view.

Last edited: