• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nintendo Switch Lite unveiled

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
5.5 inch screen (0.7 inches less than standard Switch), same 32GB storage, 20-30% better battery life than standard Switch. According to Gamespot article.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I was very disappointed with the appearance of the switch. These look pretty cool though

I fathom that the Switch Lite will sell well considering that some people including me felt the original Switch had a bit of an identity crisis, while this doesn't - the Switch Lite is clearly a handheld meant for serious casual gamers and less serious to serious hardcore gamers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think I might have to do some getting caught up with Nintendo. First with Zelda BotW, and then handheld Castlevanias. Regular Switch will be first, but if this gets a Castlevania I might get it before a DS.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I thought I'd provide a quick overview of this new system and not assume the whole entire audience knows what this is. The Switch Lite seems to be a New 2DS XL replacement that plays the same games as the Switch original (but doesn't play 2DS games, of course).

Positives over the Switch original:

$100 less
20-30% better battery life
More portable

Negatives over the Switch original:

Doesn't connect to your TV

1-1.5% of the Switch games, such as Mario Party, may not work correctly.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Alright, so pretty much Nintendo has given the hardest of **** you's to the division between handhelds and consoles. This has been Nintendo's game plan since the WiiU. It would also explain why the new Pokemon games are only coming out on the Switch; the Switch Lite means that the Pokemon games will still pretty much be portable, as they always have.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I fathom that the Switch Lite will sell well considering that some people including me felt the original Switch had a bit of an identity crisis, while this doesn't - the Switch Lite is clearly a handheld meant for serious casual gamers and less serious to serious hardcore gamers.
The Switch doesn't have an identity crisis at all--the entire point of the console is to bridge the gap between console and handheld, and fulfill the roles of both. It's a system that can switch between being a console and a handheld--hence the name, Nintendo "Switch". The Switch Lite is a handheld that can play console games. So whereas the Switch is primarily a console that can function like a handheld, the Switch Lite is a handheld that can play console games.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The Switch doesn't have an identity crisis at all--the entire point of the console is to bridge the gap between console and handheld, and fulfill the roles of both. It's a system that can switch between being a console and a handheld--hence the name, Nintendo "Switch". The Switch Lite is a handheld that can play console games. So whereas the Switch is primarily a console that can function like a handheld, the Switch Lite is a handheld that can play console games.

I guess it makes sense when one thinks of it like that.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I owned an original Switch for awhile. I really think this Switch Lite is MUCH more my style, though. I'm not anti-Nintendo, I'm just the type of person who considers Gameboy Advance the best system they ever released in terms of many factors, a wonderful handheld.