• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nikki Haley

Good-Ole-Rebel

You do not seem to understand. You tried to use it the Declaration as an excuse for the South's bad behavior. That claim was refuted. The South clearly violated both the letter and the spirit of that document.

No, you tried to use the Declaration as an excuse to vilify the South. But the Declaration doesn't, and neither does the Constitution. As I have showed you.

The South violated neither the Declaration or Constitution. The North violated both. They would not give the right to self determination to the South that we demanded from England. And they violated the 4th article of the Constitution. And they refused to abide by the Supreme Court decision of Dred Scott.

It is the North who were traitors to America. Not the South. When we lost...America lost. Thus good ole Abe now becomes the father of our country instead of Washington.

Go read a history book instead of spreading manure.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Losing doesn't make one a traitor. Who came up with that? England lost the war to the Colonies. They must have been traitors....right?

Good-Ole-Rebel
No, being traitors makes them traitors. They were traitors, who then went on to be losers, as well. Don't hurt yourself overthinking it.

To use your Revolutionary War example, in simplistic terms, if we ignore the French proxy element, Americans were traitors who won, while the British were loyalists who lost.

Any other willful misunderstandings I can clear up for you today?

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

No, being traitors makes them traitors. They were traitors, who then went on to be losers, as well. Don't hurt yourself overthinking it.

I have proven the South was not traitor. To which you have offered nothing against. You are ignorant of the War between the States yet you sit and spout off like a cuckoo clock.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Kangaroo Feathers

I have proven the South was not traitor. To which you have offered nothing against. You are ignorant of the War between the States yet you sit and spout off like a cuckoo clock.

Good-Ole-Rebel
You haven't "proven" anything of the sort. Armed insurrection against the government is inherently treasonous, making the Southern States traitors, no amount of ham fisted word games withstanding.

The South were traitors, deal with it. The South lost, deal with it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, you tried to use the Declaration as an excuse to vilify the South. But the Declaration doesn't, and neither does the Constitution. As I have showed you.

The South violated neither the Declaration or Constitution. The North violated both. They would not give the right to self determination to the South that we demanded from England. And they violated the 4th article of the Constitution. And they refused to abide by the Supreme Court decision of Dred Scott.

It is the North who were traitors to America. Not the South. When we lost...America lost. Thus good ole Abe now becomes the father of our country instead of Washington.

Go read a history book instead of spreading manure.

Good-Ole-Rebel
No, the South before the civil war vilified itself. I used the Declaration of Independence to explain how they violated that document.

And how did the North violate either document?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You haven't "proven" anything of the sort. Armed insurrection against the government is inherently treasonous, making the Southern States traitors, no amount of ham fisted word games withstanding.

The South were traitors, deal with it. The South lost, deal with it.

Secession is not armed insurrection.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

No, the South before the civil war vilified itself. I used the Declaration of Independence to explain how they violated that document.

And how did the North violate either document?

The Declaration was adopted by all Northern States (colonies). Go back and reread. I have already showed you.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Kangaroo Feathers

The Declaration was adopted by all Northern States (colonies). Go back and reread. I have already showed you.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I'm not even American, and I kn ow your history better than you, apparently. The original 13 colonies, which adopted the Declaration of Independence were Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

Virginia, the Carolinas and Georgia were Southern states.

Dude, it's really pretty simple. You've decided for whatever personal reasons you like a symbol of a racist, treasonous regime who were ultimately losers. That's fine. No one's saying you can't. But seriously, stop trying to claim some sort of moral justification. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are desperately parroting half remembered ad hocs you vaguely heard someone else say. No matter how desperately you tapdance, you can't change historical facts.

Traitors.

Losers.

Racists.

And hey, full disclosure, I spent a significant amount of my formative years in Virginia, and I own a couple of iterations of the Stars and Bars, but I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's because of some high minded ideal, it's because A. I think the fighting men of the South deserve recognition, even though their cause was ultimately wrongheaded and lost, and B. sentimentality.

So please, stop lying to yourself, and stop irritating the rest of us. You're not fooling anyone, including yourself.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Yes. So what? You are having trouble making a point.

No, it proves you wrong. You keep saying the South ignored certain 'ideals' in the Declaration. But, if you want to say that, then you must say the North ignored them also as they adopted the Declaration and the Constitution also.

Your argument carries no weight and is self-defeating.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

I'm not even American, and I kn ow your history better than you, apparently. The original 13 colonies, which adopted the Declaration of Independence were Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Connecticut, Massachusetts Bay, Maryland, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Virginia, New York, North Carolina, and Rhode Island and Providence Plantations.

Virginia, the Carolinas and Georgia were Southern states.

Dude, it's really pretty simple. You've decided for whatever personal reasons you like a symbol of a racist, treasonous regime who were ultimately losers. That's fine. No one's saying you can't. But seriously, stop trying to claim some sort of moral justification. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and are desperately parroting half remembered ad hocs you vaguely heard someone else say. No matter how desperately you tapdance, you can't change historical facts.

Traitors.

Losers.

Racists.

And hey, full disclosure, I spent a significant amount of my formative years in Virginia, and I own a couple of iterations of the Stars and Bars, but I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's because of some high minded ideal, it's because A. I think the fighting men of the South deserve recognition, even though their cause was ultimately wrongheaded and lost, and B. sentimentality.

So please, stop lying to yourself, and stop irritating the rest of us. You're not fooling anyone, including yourself.

Concerning the adoption of the Declaration by all of the colonies, all you did is repeat what I said in post #(149). I am not impressed.

The South was not traitor as I have showed. The North was, as I have showed. Yes, the South was defeated militarily. Yes the South is racist, just like the North is racist. It is the North and you who wish to believe the lie and myth that has been purported since 1865.

The cause of the South was self-determination. Separation from he Union.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Kangaroo Feathers

Concerning the adoption of the Declaration by all of the colonies, all you did is repeat what I said in post #(149). I am not impressed.

The South was not traitor as I have showed. The North was, as I have showed. Yes, the South was defeated militarily. Yes the South is racist, just like the North is racist. It is the North and you who wish to believe the lie and myth that has been purported since 1865.

The cause of the South was self-determination. Separation from he Union.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Deny basic facts all you like. I'm done with you. I have no intention of wasting any more time while you try to redefine simple, well understood words to suit some weird personal agenda. i tried to have an honest, fact based, reasonable discussion with you, but you're plainly not interested. Lastly, whether or not the South were technically traitors or not is immaterial to your continued use of their symbology, which is blatantly treasonous, since, you know, the South lost, and its the flag of an enemy of your own country. HANL under your bridge.

23319391_841806915981378_4589934879399536236_n.jpg

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Deny basic facts all you like. I'm done with you. I have no intention of wasting any more time while you try to redefine simple, well understood words to suit some weird personal agenda. HANL under your bridge.

I haven't denied any basic facts nor have I redefined anything. I have simply revealed the true history of the South and the North in that War between the States.

So, you say. I'm sure you'll be back.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No, it proves you wrong. You keep saying the South ignored certain 'ideals' in the Declaration. But, if you want to say that, then you must say the North ignored them also as they adopted the Declaration and the Constitution also.

Your argument carries no weight and is self-defeating.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Hardly. Let's reason logically. To a slave it did not make any difference at the time whether Britain ruled America or if we earned independence. Consulting them was a non issue then. It would make a big difference to them if the South remained part of the freedom loving U.S.A., or if they became part of a tyranny loving South.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Hardly. Let's reason logically. To a slave it did not make any difference at the time whether Britain ruled America or if we earned independence. Consulting them was a non issue then. It would make a big difference to them if the South remained part of the freedom loving U.S.A., or if they became part of a tyranny loving South.

What are you talking about?

As I said, both North and South adopted the Declaration and Constitution. Not just the South. Thus your argument is self defeating.

Good-Ole-Rebel