• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nikki Haley

Prometheus85

In a interview with Glenn Beck Nikki Haley said the Confederate Flag was a symbol of "service and sacrifice and heritage" unit Dylan Roof hijacked it.

This is nothing new. After the war, Confederate apologists concocted a narrative about 'states rights', lionized generals like Robert E. Lee. They were so successful that to this day most people have no idea what really caused the Civil War, and think that monuments to traitors are part of our heritage.

Good-Ole-Rebel

In a interview with Glenn Beck Nikki Haley said the Confederate Flag was a symbol of "service and sacrifice and heritage" unit Dylan Roof hijacked it.

This is nothing new. After the war, Confederate apologists concocted a narrative about 'states rights', lionized generals like Robert E. Lee. They were so successful that to this day most people have no idea what really caused the Civil War, and think that monuments to traitors are part of our heritage.

What traitors are you talking about? I've always believed we should take down the Lincoln memorial.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Prometheus85

Oh yes. We still are. We know where we come from. We will not go away. Y

So, are you willing to discuss it? Or do you just like to flap those gums?

Good-Ole-Rebel

You come from a bunch people who's always complaining bitterly about " The war northern aggression" I don’t think anyone is shocked that Someone with the confederate flag as their profile pic is a confederate sympathizer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad

Veteran Member

She is playing things up for a future run for office. She directly contradicts herself from 2015 which contradicted her previous view before that.

Nikki Haley: Confederate flag 'it should have never been there' - CNNPolitics

Prometheus85

Good-Ole-Rebel

You come from a bunch people who's always complaining bitterly about " The war northern aggression" I don’t think anyone is shocked that Someone with the confederate flag as their profile pic is a confederate sympathizer.

Let's see, who always does the complaining first. I believe you're the one who started this thread complaining. You label us as 'traitors'. As I have said to another you just believe the smoke they have been blowing up your backside.

It is only because we lost the war that we have been branded 'traitors'. So I ask you to clarify? What makes us the traitors?

Good-Ole-Rebel

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Reciting history after the fact doesn't make you a prophet.

Good-Ole-Rebel
I'm by no means claiming to be anything other than an ordinary human being with ordinary weaknesses.

But I do believe this:

America, being the most deeply engrossed in material things and suffering the most in consequence, is the soil on which a new spiritual rebirth will first take place. America requires only the guiding hand of a Master to redirect its material powers to the heights of spirituality."

Good-Ole-Rebel

I'm by no means claiming to be anything other than an ordinary human being with ordinary weaknesses.

But I do believe this:

America, being the most deeply engrossed in material things and suffering the most in consequence, is the soil on which a new spiritual rebirth will first take place. America requires only the guiding hand of a Master to redirect its material powers to the heights of spirituality."

Yes you are claiming to be more than an ordinary man. You said you know why God destroyed the South. Now you say differently.

Oh...now you say America needs a 'new spiritual rebirth'. You say, 'America requires only the guiding hand of a Master to redirect'.

New in reference to what? To redirect in what direction?

Good-Ole-Rebel