• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NEWS FLASH: Innovative new currency supported by nothing but future investors collapses...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I made a bit of money on the Hunt brothers attempt to corner silver. I lost a bit of money when every man and his dog started a UNIX minicomputer company. I did not bother playing for high stakes during the dotcom madness. And I avoided this current round of unchained greed called crypto.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Investing in Krypto

png-clipart-dog-superman-superboy-ace-the-bat-hound-krypto-dog-mammal-animals.png

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
The only thing crypto is good for is buying fentanyl and machine guns. For everybody else, take a hard left on it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that sums up crypto pretty well...:confused:o_O:mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:

Your thoughts?
As a threat to governments and banks crypto currency became targeted. It did threaten to replace banks. Its still in use in spite of being illegal in many places. As an investment it unfortunately remains better than some government backed currencies.

The biggest problem is the computing power required and subsequent power draw, but the concept of using it as currency is good. It does work as currency if its not used for speculation. Block chain remains a good way to secure documents and to guarantee them. Perhaps in the future there will be a tiny tweak that makes it useful for insuring that government records aren't changed. Currently that is handled with lock and key.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The only thing crypto is good for is buying fentanyl and machine guns. For everybody else, take a hard left on it.
This would have been great advice . . .

. . . in 2013.

The cryptosphere has advanced just a little bit since then.

The days of the Silk Road are ancient history in this relative timeline.

Silk Road Definition

Crypto is used for a lot of things. The blockchain is used for a lot of things. Currency is the least of it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've made some money with it. Nothing massive as I had little knowledge of investment trading and no previous experience so I never put much into it, but I can see where it attracted people looking for easy, quick cash.
Really, as with traditional stock markets, it's another form of gambling in a game of some reasonable predictability and enough unpredictability to make it interesting.