• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New to religion and this forum

Grace91

Hi everyone,

I’m Grace, a 32 year old woman and expecting my first child. A year ago I married my husband after a relationship of 7 years. I was never raised religious but with a believe in god an to have respect for everyone’s faith. My husband is more religious and he would like for Christianity to have a place in our child’s upbringing. So I decided to look more into religion myself so I can choose how and what to adopt for us raising our child. I have always been interested in the religious customs of my husbands family and I am now asking more questions about it to get a better understanding of the reasons behind it. I also started reading the Bible (I’m reading the children’s version first) and I walked the Jesus trail (virtually)

I hope the discussions on this forum will learn me more about Christianity and religion without loosing my broader viewpoint.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Namaste. :praying: Greetings and salutations.

Welcome to the community.

Just so you area aware, the forum isn't exclusively Christian. There are many religions represented here. We also have strong representation of non-religious folk. I hope you find what you seek here.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Shalom and welcome ...

... and a sincere wish that you and your pregnancy proceed with joy and ease.. { B'sha'ah tovah - in a good hour! }​

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Welcome to Religious Forums....Many members like me are interested in learning similarities and differences found in world views, philosophies and religions. My wife converted to the religion that I was raised practicing. For her, it was a good fit. The structure that religion offered made her feel more secure and the social connections she made at Church were healthy experiences for her....At the same time, I no longer felt comfortable following institutionalized religion......I wish you good luck on the path you travel...

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Welcome -- ask away, but be prepared for anything! LOL Forum shares are great inspiration for self research and contemplation. Follow the hints, clues, and questions to decide what's right in your heart. And take time to have a little fun!!

Namaste

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Welcome to RF.

I read the bible (KJV) at age 14, it made me question to the extent i had become atheist within a couple of years

I've read a couple of other versions since then and found nothing to change my mind.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Welcome to the forum, Grace91, congratulations for the decision to marry, and wish best of health to you and to your baby.
Religious views are personal things, that is OK.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I hope the discussions on this forum will learn me more about Christianity and religion without loosing my broader viewpoint.
Welcome to RF, I would recommend the Christian DIR as outside of it many posters seem to believe the respect given to a religion should depend on that religion's contents (myself included).
:)