• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New scientist Gregg Braden

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Fact 1. Our origin—Modern humans appeared suddenly on earth approximately 200,000 years ago, with the advanced brain, nervous system, and capabilities that set them apart from all other known forms of life already developed, rather than having developed slowly and gradually over a long periods of time.

Source: Scientists generally agree to this. "What does It Mean to Be Human? Homo Sapiens," Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of Natural History website (Accessed January 30, 2017). Available at Homo sapiens .

Fact 2. Missing physical evidence—The relationships shown on the conventional tree of human evolution are speculative connections only. While they are believed to exist, a 150-year search has failed to produce the physical evidence that confirms the relationships shown on the evolutionary family tree.

Answer - There is a picture of the traditional human family tree, and although there are some of each species (for instance at the end there is Homo ergaster (erectus), Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergenesis, Homo neanderthalensis, and Homo sapiens, the book claims that there are only inferred relationships. No go betweens have ever been found.

Source: Encyclopedia Britannica

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Fact 3. New DNA evidence—The comparison of DNA between ancient Neanderthals, previously thought to be our ancestors, and early humans tells us that we did not descend from the Neanderthals.

Already been shown, but here it is again

OK they found an "infant - a baby girl that lived about 30,000 years ago! For reference the last ice age ended about 20,000 years ago." (She was very well preserved well in ice)
"WIlliam Goodwin, Ph.D. from the University of Glasgow commented, "It is something of a mystery how this child's remains were so perfectly preserved.... Normally you only get material with this degree of preservation in material from permafrost areas."

Source: William Goodwin. "Rare Tests on Neanderthal Infant Sheds Light on Early Human Development," Science News (April 4, 2000). Available at Rare Tests On Neanderthal Infant Sheds Light On Early Human Development .
(They examined her Mitochondrial DNA)

"The results of the first studies were published in obscure scientific journals, which concluded, according to the Smithsonian Institution, that "the Neanderthal mtDNA sequences were substantially different from human mtDNA." (She was a Neanderthal).

Source: "What Does It Mean to Be Human? Neanderthal Mitochondrial DNA," Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of Natural History website (accessed January 30, 2017). Available at: http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence...nd-neanderthals/neanderthal-mitochondrial-dna.

The conclusion that Neanderthals where not human predecessors according to mtDNA was published in Nature.

"The conclusion of their report was shared in the peer-reviewed journal Nature and directly stated that modern humans "were not, in fact, descended from Neanderthals." Source: Igor V. Ovchinnikov, Anders Gotherstrom, Galina P. Romanova, VItaly M. Kharitonov, Kerstin Liden, and William Goodwin. "Molecular Analysis of Neanderthal DNA from the Northen Caucasus," Nature, vol. 404 (2000), pp. 490-493. Available at: Molecular analysis of Neanderthal DNA from the northern Caucasus.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Fact 4. A rare DNA fusion—Advanced genome analysis reveals that the DNA that sets us apart from other primates, including in our advanced brain and nervous system, is the result of an ancient and precise fusion of genes occurring in a way that suggests something beyond evolution made our humanness possible.

This appears to have happened after we already split from other primates (going from 48 chromosomes to 46. The problem is that the two old chromosomes just went into obscurity.

Fact 5. Our extraordinary abilities—We are born with the capacity to self-heal, to self-regulate longevity, to activate an enhanced immune response, and to experience deep intuition, sympathy, empathy, and, ultimately, compassion—and to do each of these on demand.

There has been an explosion of new research exploring the power of human beliefs, the placebo effect, and the power of our expectations when it comes to the healing of the body. This particular example describes a randomized doubleblind study that was done with a group experiencing Parkinson's disease. Joseph Mercola. "How the Power of Your Mind Can Influence Your Healing and Recovery," Mercola.com (March 5, 2015). Available at: How the Power of Your Mind Can Influence Your Healing & Recovery .

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
When I compared the three posts about "Facts 1-5" I didn't find any problems with the author's points. So I would like to continue the conversation.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Fact 1. Our origin—Modern humans appeared suddenly on earth approximately 200,000 years ago, with the advanced brain, nervous system, and capabilities that set them apart from all other known forms of life already developed, rather than having developed slowly and gradually over a long periods of time.

Source: Scientists generally agree to this. "What does It Mean to Be Human? Homo Sapiens," Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of Natural History website (Accessed January 30, 2017). Available at Homo sapiens .

Fact 2. Missing physical evidence—The relationships shown on the conventional tree of human evolution are speculative connections only. While they are believed to exist, a 150-year search has failed to produce the physical evidence that confirms the relationships shown on the evolutionary family tree.

Answer - There is a picture of the traditional human family tree, and although there are some of each species (for instance at the end there is Homo ergaster (erectus), Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergenesis, Homo neanderthalensis, and Homo sapiens, the book claims that there are only inferred relationships. No go betweens have ever been found.

Umm science is evidence based inferences. You yourself infer that you are human by observing your similarities with other humans. And Those species you quoted are the go betweens. You understand that every organism must belong to some species. So a go between between species will also be a species. H. Heidelbergensis (800,000 - 200,000 years ago) is the species from which both modern humans and Neanderthals evolved. Neaderthals evolved around 400,000 years ago from Heidelberg populations in Middle East and South-Central Europe, while us Sapiens evolved around 300,000 years ago in North and East Africa.
There is nothing sudden about it.
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/world-s-oldest-homo-sapiens-fossils-found-morocco
70609N_Drupal_Africa.png

And where did Homo Heidelberg come from? From H. antecessor, which in turn comes from late H. erectus. There is no sudden appearance at all.

ecco

Veteran Member
SUDDENLY?

Human evolution - Wikipedia
Within the Hominoidea (apes) superfamily, the Hominidae family diverged from the Hylobatidae (gibbon) family some 15–20 million years ago; African great apes (subfamily Homininae) diverged from orangutans(Ponginae) about 14 million years ago; the Hominini tribe (humans, Australopithecines and other extinct biped genera, and chimpanzee) parted from the Gorillini tribe (gorillas) between 8-9 million years ago; and, in turn, the subtribes Hominina (humans and biped ancestors) and Panina (chimps) separated 4-7.5 million years ago.[4]

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You yourself infer that you are human by observing your similarities with other humans
SUDDENLY?
I believe the "beasts" in day 5 of creation in the Bible are the pre-Anatomically Modern Humans and in day 6 there were Anatomically Modern ones.

Have you refuted my claim that AMHs arrived suddenly 200,000 years ago?

And are you saying that all these other species are found so seldom that they are the missing links? Either there are a lot of each and none between or there are few of each so that they are the betweens. But still, how do you refute that AMHs came about suddenly in 200,000 yrs. I don't care about skull similarities; an Intelligent Designing agent could do that; I'm talking about the things that make us modern.

ecco

Veteran Member
SUDDENLY?

Within the Hominoidea (apes) superfamily, the Hominidae family diverged from the Hylobatidae (gibbon) family some 15–20 million years ago; African great apes (subfamily Homininae) diverged from orangutans(Ponginae) about 14 million years ago; the Hominini tribe (humans, Australopithecines and other extinct biped genera, and chimpanzee) parted from the Gorillini tribe (gorillas) between 8-9 million years ago; and, in turn, the subtribes Hominina (humans and biped ancestors) and Panina (chimps) separated 4-7.5 million years ago.[4]

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
SUDDENLY?

And you call those AMHs?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the "beasts" in day 5 of creation in the Bible are the pre-Anatomically Modern Humans and in day 6 there were Anatomically Modern ones.

Have you refuted my claim that AMHs arrived suddenly 200,000 years ago?

And are you saying that all these other species are found so seldom that they are the missing links? Either there are a lot of each and none between or there are few of each so that they are the betweens. But still, how do you refute that AMHs came about suddenly in 200,000 yrs. I don't care about skull similarities; an Intelligent Designing agent could do that; I'm talking about the things that make us modern.
Please rephrase your question. I can't understand.
The evolution of modern humans from more ancient H. Antecessor was a gradual process spanning 500,000 to 100,000 years. The process can be seen in the structure of the skulls found in this time horizon.
Secondly there is nothing to indicate any sudden appearance of any trait or behavior 200,000 years ago. So I have no idea what I am supposed to refute.

Audie

Veteran Member

Ah so, "beasts in day 5 of creation".

All is clear now.

Except, what is with all the capital letters indicating
proper nouns?

Audie

Veteran Member

Fact one is a phony fact. At least put it in
quotation marks. "Fact" one.

You have been corrected on this nonsense,
wny do find it appropriate to post a falsehood
as a fact, and go on to present it as backed
by encyc.brit?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Please rephrase your question. I can't understand.
The evolution of modern humans from more ancient H. Antecessor was a gradual process spanning 500,000 to 100,000 years. The process can be seen in the structure of the skulls found in this time horizon.
Secondly there is nothing to indicate any sudden appearance of any trait or behavior 200,000 years ago. So I have no idea what I am supposed to refute.

Some of the following is what the author says and some is what I think.

None of these animals were shaped like anatomically modern humans.

Those skulls are all different, and if you say there is a tree from them it could just mean that an intelligent designing agent made the skulls so they could be classified. We don't even have a second way to check with the skulls.

These AMHs had the following new conditions that haven't changed since and never appeared before:

"A brain 50 percent larger than that of our nearest primate relative, the chimpanzee.
Upright posture and advanced manual dexterity.
The capacity for advanced language.
An extended neural network that allows for extraordinary capabilities, such as deep intuition and access to heart-based wisdom on demand."

My question, sayak, was this: Were there a lot of each of these species you showed the skulls of and no in-betweens or were there just a few of each so that we just guess this is all we know about the progression?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Fact one is a phony fact. At least put it in
quotation marks. "Fact" one.

You have been corrected on this nonsense,
wny do find it appropriate to post a falsehood
as a fact, and go on to present it as backed
by encyc.brit?
Nope. I only thought I was wrong when I hadn't even had a chance to read some of the book. I am on Ch. 4 now and should probably keep reading to answer you guys.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Last edited: