• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New metric unit: The goose!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To be more precise, and we always want to be precise when it comes to measurements, the Canada Goose:

"An asteroid the size of over 64 Canadian geese is set to pass over the Earth on Tuesday, January 30, according to NASA's asteroid tracker.

The asteroid in question has been dubbed 2007 EG, according to the Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS) at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).

Calculations by NASA predict that the asteroid won't come anywhere close to Earth during its flyby."

exchemist

Veteran Member
To be more precise, and we always want to be precise when it comes to measurements, the Canada Goose:

"An asteroid the size of over 64 Canadian geese is set to pass over the Earth on Tuesday, January 30, according to NASA's asteroid tracker.

The asteroid in question has been dubbed 2007 EG, according to the Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS) at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).

Calculations by NASA predict that the asteroid won't come anywhere close to Earth during its flyby."
Seems these birds weigh of the order of 5kg, so this asteroid has a mass ~320kg, i.e about a third of a tonne. So not very remarkable, then. And won’t pass close to the Earth.

This looks like another competition for who can get the dullest headline published. The most famous of these was won by Claude Cockburn in the Daily Telegraph with: “Small Earthquake in Chile - Not Many Dead”.:grinning:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I always wanted to say give me a board that's eight gooses long, or if I give directions, go 300 gooses down the road , take 40 gooses and turn right , and it's 10 gooses on your left