• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Lahore or Qadian?

I first converted to Islam through the Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement in 1999. I left Islam for a few years in 2007, but recently returned, and I am technically still a member of the Lahore Ahmadiyya, but I usually identify myself as Sunni/Sufi (to lessen the likelihood of being called a Kafir or apostate), but I still use the Maulana Muhammad Ali translation of the Qur'an (the Lahori official translation) and several of his other books.

So why exactly do the majority of Muslims, the Sunnis, consider Maulana Muhammad Ali to be a heretic?

Last edited:

sufi62

Sufi with Sunni beliefs and practices
They consider the Lahore Ahmadiyyas and their founder, Maulana Muhammad Ali, a heretic because of "guilt by association", I assume. After the ideological split that formed the 2 groups (Qadiani and Lahori), people, rather than try to differentiate between the two, said they are both Kafir, even though the Lahoris reject the idea of Ghulam Ahmad being a prophet (they regard Muhammad as the last prophet), and their doctrines are for the most part Sunni, as will become apparent if you compare Ali's book "The Religion of Islam" with Sunni doctrine.

Fateme

Hi :) ,

My name is Noah. I am a former Muslim and a former Christian. At present I am not a member of any religion; I just believe in the God of the Bible.

I am 38 years old. I am an African-American man born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (where I now live) but I am about to relocate elsewhere.

I am very happy to be here on the site.

Peace to you,
Noah
hi.welcome here.can ask you why was out of islam?

Last edited:

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
They consider the Lahore Ahmadiyyas and their founder, Maulana Muhammad Ali, a heretic because of "guilt by association", I assume. After the ideological split that formed the 2 groups (Qadiani and Lahori), people, rather than try to differentiate between the two, said they are both Kafir, even though the Lahoris reject the idea of Ghulam Ahmad being a prophet (they regard Muhammad as the last prophet), and their doctrines are for the most part Sunni, as will become apparent if you compare Ali's book "The Religion of Islam" with Sunni doctrine.

Thanks sufi! :)