• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Hi Noah, and welcome :sunflower: :)

Peace to you, sister believer in the God of Abraham! :)

I just wanted to share this Scripture with you sister after looking at your custom title: Follow your heart. Jeremiah 17:9:

Jeremiah 17:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
(9)The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

I try very hard not to follow my heart and always use my head haha.

Deidre

Peace to you, sister believer in the God of Abraham! :)

I just wanted to share this Scripture with you sister after looking at your custom title: Follow your heart. Jeremiah 17:9:

Jeremiah 17:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
(9)The heart is deceitful above all things,
and desperately sick;
who can understand it?

I try very hard not to follow my heart and always use my head haha.

lol Yes, at times, our hearts can lead us astray, but what it means is to stay true to yourself. To your own values...:)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
lol Yes, at times, our hearts can lead us astray, but what it means is to stay true to yourself. To your own values...:)

Oh I see...I interpret the story of Adam and Eve in the Bible as Eve "following her heart;" not as you meant it (stay true to yourself) but as she followed an idea inside of her that God was not being honest when He commanded not to eat from the forbidden tree.

Deidre

Oh I see...I interpret the story of Adam and Eve in the Bible as Eve "following her heart;" not as you meant it (stay true to yourself) but as she followed an idea inside of her that God was not being honest when He commanded not to eat from the forbidden tree.
I believe the story is an allegory, but going with the story, it would seem that what she followed was her ego. ;)

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
I believe the story is an allegory, but going with the story, it would seem that what she followed was her ego. ;)

Yup you are correct, it has to be an allegory because how could a snake literally talk to a human being?

I think that the snake represents "the bottom of Eve's heart." She knew "in the bottom of her heart" that she would not die physically from eating the fruit.

Deidre

Yup you are correct, it has to be an allegory because how could a snake literally talk to a human being?

I think that the snake represents "the bottom of Eve's heart." She knew "in the bottom of her heart" that she would not die physically from eating the fruit.
that's an interesting take!! I've never heard that before. :)