• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New evidence disproving the evolutionary timeline.

gtrsgrls

I'm not really sure which catagory this should go under but here it goes.

Last night I was watching this thing on the travel channel and they were talking about these ancient stones they had found that had pictures of different dinasaurs on them.Apparantly the first humans who lived were the ones who drew these pictures on the stones.The people usually drew pictures of things around them,sometimes different kings,buildings,and in this case dinasaurs.How does this disprove the evolutionary timeline do you ask?According to the timeline dinasaurs came into existance and were extinct long before humans ever even lived.So how would the humans even know what a dinasaur was if they had been extinct for so many millions of years.This proves that dinasaurs must have been alive at the same time humans were.In my opinion,this only confirms the Biblical account of how how creation happened.What do you guys think?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
gtrsgrls said:
Last night I was watching this thing on the travel channel and they were talking about these ancient stones they had found that had pictures of different dinasaurs on them.Apparantly the first humans who lived were the ones who drew these pictures on the stones.The people usually drew pictures of things around them,sometimes different kings,buildings,and in this case dinasaurs.How does this disprove the evolutionary timeline do you ask?According to the timeline dinasaurs came into existance and were extinct long before humans ever even lived.So how would the humans even know what a dinasaur was if they had been extinct for so many millions of years.
Outstanding: according to some unspecified "thing" run on some unspecified travel channel, some unspecified people produced some unspecified art purportedly depicting some unspecified dinosaurs, and ...

gtrsgrls said:
This proves that dinasaurs must have been alive at the same time humans were.In my opinion,this only confirms the Biblical account of how how creation happened.What do you guys think?
Since you asked: I think your post is very, very sad.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
I think it is possible that humans were around during the time of dinosaurs and I think it is terribly unlikely that this proves anything about a Middle Eastern god purported to have created the world.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Three likely explainations.

1. The drawings were fantasy.

2. Fossilised bones inspired the artists.

3. The drawings are not of dinosaurs and have been mistakenly identified.

Aqualung

Tasty
I don't understand why people still bother with this guy's threads. He's started quite a few, given some very vague "evidence" of one thing or another, and then fled when people started to question him. No point really in responding.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I believe she is talking about the "Ica Stones" of Peru:

IcaPeruBurialStones3.jpg

icastone2.jpg

Image57.jpg

If you look closely, you can see what appears to be men and dinosaurs in the same pictures engraved on the rocks. Dr. Darquera claims a farmer found the stones in a cave. The farmer was arrested for selling the stones to tourists, and when arrested he claimed that he had carved the stones themselves. Of course, it could have been a way to get out of trouble, but still. In my opinion, these are a hoax.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Halcyon said:
Three likely explainations.

1. The drawings were fantasy.

2. Fossilised bones inspired the artists.

3. The drawings are not of dinosaurs and have been mistakenly identified.
or:

4. Humans did in fact live with dinosaurs.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Victor, Halcyon said likely explanations, not unlikely explanations.If humans lived with dinosaurs, why do we have no fossils of humans from that era, or, indeed, any large mammal?

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Victor said:
or:

4. Humans did in fact live with dinosaurs.

no real evidence in support of any of these conclusions. Chances are good that we didn't come around until later. Even if we did show up around the end of the dinosaur age, it says nothing about a Christian/Jewish God.

Quiddity

Druidus said:
Victor, Halcyon said likely explanations, not unlikely explanations.If humans lived with dinosaurs, why do we have no fossils of humans from that era, or, indeed, any large mammal?
Druidus, I know. But as you may be aware that entire theories have been rethought due to new evidence coming to surface. I doubt the evidence presented is it. But I won't be close-minded about it. How would it affect YOU if it were true?

~Victor

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
How do we honestly know that man hasn't been around before - and been wiped out ?

Quiddity

Darkdale said:
no real evidence in support of any of these conclusions. Chances are good that we didn't come around until later. Even if we did show up around the end of the dinosaur age, it says nothing about a Christian/Jewish God.
Perhaps not to you, but to literalists that already believe, quite a different reaction.

~Victor

Draka

Wonder Woman
michel said:
How do we honestly know that man hasn't been around before - and been wiped out ?
As of yet...no fossil records that even lead that to be questioned. Unless the previous humans were all abducted by aliens for experiments:p

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Draka said:
As of yet...no fossil records that even lead that to be questioned. Unless the previous humans were all abducted by aliens for experiments:p
Ah, so that's where they went.................:biglaugh:

(And don't think I didn't see your disclaimer 'as of yet'):p

scitsofreaky

Well technically, we do live with a couple of dinosaurs, like alligators. But this does not upset the evolutionary timeline, let alone disprove it. It is possible that a few animals(dinos) did survive, but they were probably still functionally extinct (as opposed to biologically extinct).
I think it is funny that creationists think that if they can prove man has lived with dinosaurs it will somehow disprove evolution.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Well technically, we do live with a couple of dinosaurs, like alligators. But this does not upset the evolutionary timeline, let alone disprove it. It is possible that a few animals(dinos) did survive, but they were probably still functionally extinct (as opposed to biologically extinct).
I think it is funny that creationists think that if they can prove man has lived with dinosaurs it will somehow disprove evolution.
Alligators and crocodiles may be related to dinosaurs, but they aren't dinosaurs themselves. The only living dinos are birds.

Science does not deal in "what if's" and "maybe's"; that's the realm of science fiction.

The Black Whirlwind

maybe we were, but were wiped out with them, than our species descended down from whatever ape was left, to our present time. This is such a reasonable explanation isn't it? it is so very likely. anything, however, is possible with the force.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Druidus said:
Science does not deal in "what if's" and "maybe's"; that's the realm of science fiction.
Hence my StarGate outlook on it ;) .

I find it highly improbable that humans lived with dinosaurs. With all the bones of dinosaurs that have been found we are not finding any human remains along with them. Human remains are not dated until much later...and that is fact.