• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New colour sloshes onto palette....

TheColourBlue

Here to learn and share
Thanks everyone!

I went home this weekend.... saw family, sweetheart, cat.... and just relaxed...

Oh, and I painted my fingernails blue. ;)

*wanders off through RF in search of whatever trouble she can get herself into*

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Hello. I love blue. :D I like cerulean blue especially, and also like art, even though I'm not really good at it. I do notice things about colour sometimes though, which other people don't seem to. Like on a bulletin board, there where words with each letter a different colour, in this order:

red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple.

It bothered me that blue and green were switched. I wonder who put that up there, and I wonder why they got everything right but those two...

TheColourBlue

Here to learn and share
I love your avatar.

Is that an indigo bunting?

I'd actually love to know! And if anyone DOES know, please tell me. It's one of the pre-set avatars you can use on this forum.... and I love birds (and other animals) as well as that shade, so I thought it was a gorgeous little avatar! I'm very appreciative to RF for its being made available. :D

lunamoth

Will to love
I think it is an idigo bunting. I saw one once at my feeder. They really are iridescent blue:

indigobunting.jpg

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think it is an idigo bunting. I saw one once at my feeder. They really are iridescent blue:

indigobunting.jpg
Wow! I'd love to see one of those at my feeder. I'm not too awfully far from you. If there are indigo buntings in Colorado, maybe there are in Utah, too. The prettiest bird I've seen in my yard lately was a purple finch. What kind of food do you use? (Apologies to Colour for derailing her thread.)

lunamoth

Will to love
Wow! I'd love to see one of those at my feeder. I'm not too awfully far from you. If there are indigo buntings in Colorado, maybe there are in Utah, too. The prettiest bird I've seen in my yard lately was a purple finch. What kind of food do you use? (Apologies to Colour for derailing her thread.)

Hi Katz,

I saw it when I was living in upstate NY, and even then I think it was migrating rather than living nearby. My birdbook says it is an eastern species and does not get as far west as Colorado. Looks like it does not range past Kansas. :(

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi Katz,

I saw it when I was living in upstate NY, and even then I think it was migrating rather than living nearby. My birdbook says it is an eastern species and does not get as far west as Colorado. Looks like it does not range past Kansas. :(
Bummer! The eastern states seem to have all the prettiest birds.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not so. The West has at least two birds bluer than an Eastern bluebird, yellow birds and various multicolor birds. It's true, though, that we have no cardinals or bluejays.

TheColourBlue

Here to learn and share
Please, derail away! I love birds. We don't get very exciting ones around here, but I love the cardinals, bluejays (we have far less of them than we used to) and there are some sweet little brown finches. A family member of mine has a bird feeder and has had it for YEARS..... alas, it's also turned into a squirrel feeder. ;)

Darkwater

hI TheColour Blue,

Blue is indeed the colour.:).a lovely blue splashy entrance,so glad you are here.

DW