• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New article published cites hundreds of cases of fraud in 2004 election

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen/1

In Columbus, which had registered 125,000 new voters(141) -- more than half of them black(142) -- the board of elections estimated that it would need 5,000 machines to handle the huge surge.(143) ''On Election Day, the county experienced an unprecedented turnout that could only be compared to a 500-year flood,'' says Matt Damschroder,(144) chairman of the Franklin County Board of Elections and the former head of the Republican Party in Columbus.(145) But instead of buying more equipment, the Conyers investigation found, Damschroder decided to ''make do'' with 2,741 machines.(146) And to make matters worse, he favored his own party in distributing the equipment. According to The Columbus Dispatch, precincts that had gone seventy percent or more for Al Gore in 2000 were allocated seventeen fewer machines in 2004, while strong GOP precincts received eight additional machines.(

According to the survey by the DNC, nearly 5,000 voters across the state were turned away at the polls because of registration challenges -- even though federal law required that they be provided with provisional ballots

Scary.

I insist to everyone here to learn everything you can about voting laws.

Note- I do not doubt democrats are guilty of similiar practices. I merely found this article which took on the GOP.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The massive fraud was already well known to liberals. What I find really disturbing is the fact that this article, one of the most important and shocking stories of the last twenty years, was not the lead on every TV and Radio news program, and did not dominate the front pages of every paper in the country.

Americans are so mind-numbingly unaware of what is going on in their own country, much less the world.

Faminedynasty

nutshell said:
On a related note, why do you think voter turn out is so abmissmal in the U.S.?
Well, firstly, I do believe that a lot of Americans are simply completely apathetic in regards to the political system and fairly ignorant and unconcerned with government. But there is also a vast segment of the American population who believe that they are not really presented alternatives in the two party system; the notion that "well they're all a bunch of crooks anyway." And finally, I think it has to do with the notion expressed by a lot of young people that our elections are dirty and rigged anyway, so why vote? And this third problem isn't likely to go away any time soon considering the facts presented by this article and just how generally dirty and questionable the last two presidential elections have been.

nutshell

Faminedynasty said:
Well, firstly, I do believe that a lot of Americans are simply completely apathetic in regards to the political system and fairly ignorant and unconcerned with government. But there is also a vast segment of the American population who believe that they are not really presented alternatives in the two party system; the notion that "well they're all a bunch of crooks anyway." And finally, I think it has to do with the notion expressed by a lot of young people that our elections are dirty and rigged anyway, so why vote? And this third problem isn't likely to go away any time soon considering the facts presented by this article and just how generally dirty and questionable the last two presidential elections have been.

And that just strengthens the point that people should vote. If the majority of Americans registered to vote and then actually did it, no amount of machines or crooks could stop the will of the people.

kevmicsmi

Seyorni said:
The massive fraud was already well known to liberals. What I find really disturbing is the fact that this article, one of the most important and shocking stories of the last twenty years, was not the lead on every TV and Radio news program, and did not dominate the front pages of every paper in the country.

Americans are so mind-numbingly unaware of what is going on in their own country, much less the world.
Yes, i agree, massive election fraud would be nothing new to democrats.

kevmicsmi

nutshell said:
And that just strengthens the point that people should vote. If the majority of Americans registered to vote and then actually did it, no amount of machines or crooks could stop the will of the people.
Im glad the appathetic, and ignorant dont vote.

kevmicsmi

Faminedynasty said:
Do you have any sense of history at all???????

kevmicsmi

I insist to everyone here to learn everything you can about voting laws.

Note- I do not doubt democrats are guilty of similiar practices. I merely found this article which took on the GOP. ___________________________
I completely agree

Freedomelf

AMEN!!!!