• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New antisemitism

I am not anti-semitic but I dont really agree with the whole idea of Israel either - I guess that what I dont like is the bullying that the other side gets -- they throw some rocks and they get hit with tanks - like its not a fair fight that Israel is so armed - I also think that the wave of settlers that have to be protected is unfair and just an effort to bully people and force people off of the land -- I dont get how the holocaust entitles all these people to land - I feel awful they went through all that but still its like ok here is a country for your trouble - no matter that there are already people living there we will just kick them out for you and arm you so you can kill them

-- i bet this sounds awful and majorly anti-semitic but its not fair to the Palestinian people or to Lebanon or any of the people that it affected - I kind of agree with the other side on this one - how would americans feel if all of a sudden china controlled the u.s. and settled here and we were all forced to leave? we wouldnt like it -- same thing -- how can you blame the victims of the occupation?

I dont hate jewish people I hate what our govt did and the turmoil that this caused -- its not jewish peoples fault it goes way deeper than that -- I am against how it went down

Yerda

Veteran Member
lilitruthseeker, your posts are a bit off topic. The thread is about a phenomenon called New antisemitism (I posted a link to a wiki article and there are plenty of web sources to choose from for info).

Do you have any opinions or insights to offer?

Do you think there is a New variety?

whatever i guess i have nothing to offer - like no other thread ever got off topic - its all good maybe i have no reading comprehension - i am so sick of this board and the played out tired old topics anyway -- i guess i am not smart enough for you scott or that other person who freaked as if i was never allowed to say anything -- sorry i have compromised the integrity of your topic and your so offended that you have to talk to me like i am 2

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
whatever i guess i have nothing to offer ...
... other than ignorant misconceptions.

Israel Bullies the Arab World

arabwld3.gif

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
Israel has nuclear weapons (they can bully if they wish) and spies on the US (which I do take seriously) quite considerably (the substantial jewish population in the US makes spying that much easier since many sectors of jewish society are fairly insular and more loyal to Israel than to the US, which again I take very seriously).

That all said I am still pro-Israel... for now. For the time being they do more to destabilize the Arab world and keep them from being the threat to global integrity that they could be if they organized.

But with that said I am anti-Jerusalem, Anti-Medina, and Anti-Mecca. I think if these three cities (but especially the first one) were wiped off the face of the earth, then the world would be a better place. Fights over who controls which patch of "sacred stone or dirt" have shown themselves by my estimation to be far more damaging than should be allowed to continue.

MTF

ManTimeForgot

Temporally Challenged
An outstandingly horrible statement... but I don't notice a "and also untrue" coming from you.

I suppose you think a caliphate governing the whole world using 7th century morality and social norms would be a good thing? Were you aware that the royal families of much of the Arab world (the Sauds are Notoriously guilty of this) give considerable amounts of monies to fundamentalist organizations (many out-right fronts for jihadist and terrorist organizations).

A world governed by century old vendettas, ethnic cleansing, political repression of education, and religious laws mandating the invasion of countries which are not "People of the Book" is fairly low on my list of things that I want to have happen to the world.

Your average islamic follower I have no qualms with. I find the message inherent to the religion mostly acceptable (as I am with just about every religion on the planet). But their particular brand of elites are a special kind of scum that I have zero interest in allowing their influence to spread. And if that is horrible... Well then I'll take it in stride and keep wishing that Israeli Mossad' do their jobs keeping the countries from doing anything more than wish they had nuclear weapons.

MTF

.lava

Veteran Member
Here's what the old trusty Wikipedia has to say:New antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i think it is silly because many of our Muslim brothers are also semi race. but it has to be about Israel right? they suffer all the time, correct me if i am wrong only in the begining of this year over 300 Israeli kids got killed just because they were Jews :rolleyes:

if there is some kind of new wave of racism it is against Islam, Islamic nations and Muslims. China kills Muslims in Turkistan, Russia kills Muslims in Chenchen land, African Muslims are about to sink into history for good, Bosnia was just a start point, Iraq is a mess, Palestine already became a daily issue since it bleeds for decades and here we are asked about new antisemitisim against Israel. funny!

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I question the ethics of Zionism, based on policies and the initial formation of modern Israel. Not based on race.
To call this any sort of antisemitism is to belittle actual racial discrimination.

Poisonshady313

I question the ethics of Zionism, based on policies and the initial formation of modern Israel. Not based on race.
To call this any sort of antisemitism is to belittle actual racial discrimination.

The way I see it, the point that this thread is making is that there is a lot of illegitimate criticism of Israel, and those spouting such things often do so for antisemitic reasons, or because they rely on the misleading word of those who are antisemitic.

And those people hide behind people like you. They pretend to be you. In doing so, they cause people like you to defend them, because you figure that it would be just as wrong to consider them antisemitic as it would be to consider you antisemitic... because you figure they share legitimate criticism of Israel.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And those people hide behind people like you. They pretend to be you. In doing so, they cause people like you to defend them, because you figure that it would be just as wrong to consider them antisemitic as it would be to consider you antisemitic... because you figure they share legitimate criticism of Israel.

Generalization.
Many who attempt to justify racism, sexism, nationalism, and homophobia will attempt to "stand" behind a legitimate stance.
This does not de-legitimatize the stance, nor can you blame those who take a rational stance for the pretenders who hide amongst them.

Yerda

Veteran Member
i think it is silly because many of our Muslim brothers are also semi race. but it has to be about Israel right?
Israel is certainly central to the topic.

.lava said:
if there is some kind of new wave of racism it is against Islam, Islamic nations and Muslims. China kills Muslims in Turkistan, Russia kills Muslims in Chenchen land, African Muslims are about to sink into history for good, Bosnia was just a start point, Iraq is a mess, Palestine already became a daily issue since it bleeds for decades and here we are asked about new antisemitisim against Israel. funny!
Muslims are dying, therefore we shouldn't speak of anything else? Sectarian bull****.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Others do ...

Originally Posted by GeneCosta
I don't see antisemitism on the rise. I see anti-Zionism increasing, ...

I do not see either increasing .... However there have always been a fair proportion of anti-Zionists in the UK. Some of them have been Jewish friends of mine. So antisemitism is certainly not a precondition for anti- Zionism.

However, if they are on the increase there must be a reason for it. That reason might well have a connection with the Israeli government actions of late.