• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Age beliefs & social justice

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings one & all!

Hope you are enjoying the forum today.

Here's a little something I found at the wake up world website.

Challenges a few beliefs that are popular right now.

For a taste -

Some of you are asking me to clarify how seemingly benign “love and light” New Age belief systems could possibly be damaging, especially to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and disabled folks. So let’s unpack a few common New Age teachings (that I tried on years ago like a new sundress and discarded them after I realized how damaging and unempathic they could be). Forgive the length. I have a lot to say about this. Lest you think I have not also been guilty of drinking the Kool-Aid with these New Age beliefs and perpetrating some of the unempathic behaviors that tend to go along with them, I have been both traumatized by these teachings and probably have traumatized others as well.

When I was still under the hypnotic trance of some of these charismatic New Age teachers, I was quite helped by many of these teachings, and I thought I was helping others by parroting them. I now see that this was my whiteness, my privilege, my ableism, my heteronormative blindness showing, and for this, I’m truly sorry. Let us not throw out the baby with the bathwater. I hope that those in the New Age community can question these beliefs without black and white thinking. If we unpack these beliefs with nuance, we can be gentle with ourselves, appreciate how such teachings have helped us, examine how such beliefs might harm others, and grow into more compassionate, empathic beings at a time when we really need to be able to embody and practice our spiritual values through our sacred activism and respect for social justice.

To read a whole lot more -

10 New Age Beliefs We Need To Unpack If We Want To Be Social Justice Allies

Wishing you all the best!

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
@Geoff-Allen -

I wonder if the good doctor - and other writers on the site - are aware that the site also publishes a vicious antisemite.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
10. We’re in the midst of a Great Awakening, 5D shift, transition to a new utopia, and all the unenlightened, non-“woke” “Muggles” (note the smug superiority—aka white privilege‚of this belief) will stay in this 3D hell hole while the others ascend.

Really...so we're going to attain utopia by calling others "non-woke muggles"...yup...name calling always helps...

I will not comment on the rest of it..... most won't like it

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
@Geoff-Allen -

I wonder if the good doctor - and other writers on the site - are aware that the site also publishes a vicious antisemite.

I was not aware of that!

It was my first time at that site.

My apologies to anyone offended! I do not approve of that kind of thing.

Thanks for the warning.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I was not aware of that!

It was my first time at that site.

My apologies to anyone offended! I do not approve of that kind of thing.

Thanks for the warning.
Just so there is no misunderstanding I was not saying that the doctor is an antisemite or even that most of the other writers are antisemites, simply that there is one virulent antisemite who has
posted numerous articles on the site without, as far as I can see, any effort by the site to try to disassociate itself from those views.

I’m not trying to dissuade others from visiting that site, but I cannot, in good conscience, patronize it.