• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never stop questioning

epronovost

That's very true, but you also have to ask the right questions, follow a proper methodology for skeptical inquiries and accept the answer you find (if any), else you questionning anything and everything is completely pointless and devolves into some sort of pseudo-skeptical solliptic exercise. In a sense, questionning everything in such circumstances is in no way different than questionning nothing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you ask a question and get a 100% proper and correct answer but keep on questioning, it proves that you did not get the answer.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
One of the greatest things there is to question something. Whether it be God, science or anything you choose. Always question. Always.
Asking questions can be good, asking them to ourself is even better :)
Example can be : what does this means to me, how can I use this info to better my self.
What happens if I don't do this
What happens if I do not follow the guidelines set by those who walked before me?

MonkeyFire

You dont question anything or everything, that would be psychological abuse. Imho.

Last edited:

epronovost

See posts 2,4 and 6

So when someone asks you to demonstrate your reasonning is sound and defend your thesis, this is abuse? Do you consider that people who ask others to demonstrate their reasonning is sound and defend their thesis are abusive and should not be asking such questions?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I dismiss you because you ask for evidence on everything everyone posts
Why wouldn’t one ask for evidence?
Backing up statements with sound logic, evidence and reasoning is considered standard practice in discourse.
You posted good advice, always question. But surely one’s own views should be questioned just as thoroughly. Either by others or even themselves.
Hell thats standard teaching practices even.
I remember even my high school teachers would question our reasoning on any and all of our answers, not to be abusive but to encourage critical thinking.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

One of the greatest things there is to question something. Whether it be God, science or anything you choose. Always question. Always.

I agree. Although sooner or later there's got to be some answers one needs to be content with. Otherwise you'll keep asking questions forever. Like with little children, they go through this stage of asking their parents why everything is. But even when they answer their questions, the child still doesn't understand so keeps asking why.