• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Network of RW Health Care Providers Making Millions Off Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin

tytlyf

Not Religious
And the grift rolls on. There's lot's of money to be made selling disinformation and fear
A network of health care providers pocketed millions of dollars selling hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and online consultations, according to hacked data....
America’s Frontline Doctors, a right-wing group founded last year to promote pro-Trump doctors during the coronavirus pandemic, is working in tandem with a small network of health care companies to sow distrust in the Covid-19 vaccine, dupe tens of thousands of people into seeking ineffective treatments for the disease, and then sell consultations and millions of dollars’ worth of those medications. The data indicate patients spent at least $15 million — and potentially much more — on consultations and medications combined.

Network of Right-Wing Health Care Providers Is Making Millions Off Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, Hacked Data Reveals

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In B4 "Democrats do the same thing"...
I mean, of course they do. It was the pseudo progressive liberals who made giant MLM schemes out of essential oils, started bogus holistic enterprises serving up all sorts of anti-anything-standard-medical-practice while coopting superficial spiritual practices like white sage burning for your health. Prior to this year the vast majority of anti-vaxxers were liberal helicopter moms who swear their child's developmental issues, whatever they may be, were vaccine injury.

There are snake oil salesmen of all colors. But it doesn't excuse what *these* fear mongers are doing. And that's why it's a red herring to be dismissed.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand why people use/try Hydroxychloroquine. Its a immunosuppressive drug. Last thing I would way to do is suppress my immune system while fighting a virus.
I thought it was just a meme the first time I heard of this.
It appeared randomly on a news segment here later on as a sort of “health warning/do not take” kind of deal.
I assume as a preventative measure.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I mean, of course they do. It was the pseudo progressive liberals who made giant MLM schemes out of essential oils, started bogus holistic enterprises serving up all sorts of anti-anything-standard-medical-practice while coopting superficial spiritual practices like white sage burning for your health. Prior to this year the vast majority of anti-vaxxers were liberal helicopter moms who swear their child's developmental issues, whatever they may be, were vaccine injury.

There are snake oil salesmen of all colors. But it doesn't excuse what *these* fear mongers are doing. And that's why it's a red herring to be dismissed.

Liberal =\= democrat.

And I was being facetious.

Edit: edited my first post with the "/s" for sarcasm.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are there any non capitalists countries capable of developing a vaccine?

Both Russia and China are now hybrid capatilist countries. And have both produced covid vaccines.
I do not know about Cuba, but they have a very advanced health system.

I suspect that capatilism is not the issue.
They would have been developed regardless.of economic structures. Imo
Eventually.
But the diversity inherent in capitalism offered up several
different ones, using different technologies in short order.
It excels at responding to new markets. Many complain
that companies are making fortunes, ignoring the benefit.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I wonder...
How many different SARS CoV-2 vaccines
were developed in non-capitalist countries?

Are there any non capitalists countries capable of developing a vaccine?

Both Russia and China are now hybrid capatilist countries. And have both produced covid vaccines.
I do not know about Cuba, but they have a very advanced health system.

I suspect that capatilism is not the issue.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Eventually.
But the diversity inherent in capitalism offered up several
different ones, using different technologies in short order.
It excels at responding to new markets. Many complain
that companies are making fortunes, ignoring the benefit.

The benefit doesn't outweigh the drawbacks IMO.

You can't eat money.

Resource allocation is more important than Capital gains.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Because the alternatives to capitalism have worked out so well,
eg, N Korea, USSR, Cuba, Mao, Khmer Rouge.
You can't eat money.
Duh!
Money is a medium of exchange.
Use it to buy food.
I don't disagree, but that seems a non-sequitur.
(Capital gains is now an issue?)

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Because the alternatives to capitalism have worked out so well,
eg, N Korea, USSR, Cuba, Mao, Khmer Rouge.

Duh!
Money is a medium of exchange.
Use it to buy food.

I don't disagree, but that seems a non-sequitur.
(Capital gains is now an issue?)

We need a new system. Something between Capitalism and Communism.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a middle man. It's unnecessary. Imo
Without money, what would we use....bartering?
Could I trade use of rental property to a car dealer?
Antique machine tools for groceries?
Nah.
Bartering is incredibly difficult.
Money is the greatest invention ever.
Even commies use it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

You can't eat money.

I would disagree with this. Capitalism works because people are often self serving b@@@@@@s at times. It puts part of our human nature to good use. It is still the best system out there. It only needs to be properly controlled. One cannot let it run amuck.