• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Neopagan or Revival Religions DIR: Cross-Posting Poll

Should cross-posting be allowed between the sub-DIRs of the Neopagan or Revival Religions DIR?

• No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please clarify in the thread).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all,

Following discussion among the staff, we have decided to poll members of the Neopagan or Revival Religions DIR about cross-posting between its sub-DIRs—that is, whether a member of one sub-DIR (e.g., the Kemeticism DIR) should be able to post in the other sub-DIRs (e.g., the Paganism DIR) whether to ask or answer questions.

Please select the option that represents your position on how the Neopagan or Revival Religions DIR should be moderated moving forward.

The poll is public to ensure that only votes from members of this DIR count toward the final decision.

Thank you.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The sub-DIRs would have to be restructured if cross posting wasn't permitted. Most notably, the Paganism DIR would need to go away because Wicca is a type of Paganism and reconstructionism is an approach towards Paganism - meaning there's no good reason to prohibit either group from using the Paganism DIR.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The sub-DIRs would have to be restructured if cross posting wasn't permitted. Most notably, the Paganism DIR would need to go away because Wicca is a type of Paganism and reconstructionism is an approach towards Paganism - meaning there's no good reason to prohibit either group from using the Paganism DIR.

Yup, this^

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm 99% Hindu but I do worship Thor (he's on my Hindu altar next to Kartikeya and Hanuman) and revere the Æsir and Vanir. I have a small Buddhist/Daoist shrine in my shrine room with Guan yu, Xuan wu, and bodhisattvas. Green Tara is on my Goddess shrine table along with Lakshmi, Saraswati, Durga and Kali. I haven't cross-posted because of previous restrictions, but my belief, and many others "out there" is that any non-Abrahamic and/or non-monotheistic faith (e.g. Sikhism, monotheistic) is pagan, including Hinduism and Buddhism. So given that, I'm in favor of allowing cross-posting.

I wouldn't consider Sikhism or Buddhism as Pagan.

Sikhism is a revealed religion, which I don't associate with Pagan for instance. Paganism is not "revealed"

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Not so fashionably late but adding my 2 bits to agree with cross-posting. Many Pagans engage in more than one practice, plus others who have switched paths and have first-hand knowledge in more than one.