• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need your opinion on something...

Cooky

Veteran Member
I was going to post the following on Facebook, as like my third post ever... But I'm afraid I'll look like an idiot in front of my family and coworkers...

Do you think the following post would make me look foolish, to post out of the blue..? :

"If there was ever an introductory soundtrack for my presence, I would have to select this track... And my name would be Captain... And I would have a very serious glare."

Cooky

Veteran Member
...Is that not even funny all? I don't want people to think I'm a weirdo, I just don't know what to say... :)

should I post it or nah?

It makes me look irresponsible, doesn't it, if my bosses see it. o_O

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I honestly love your sense of humor here! But I'm not a terribly good judge of how others would take such a joke. Me, I wouldn't care about my reputation with them. I'd post it if it made me laugh and not post it if it didn't. But then, I've got nothing to lose. I'm a RF Administrator. My rep went to hell the day I took the job.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I was going to post the following on Facebook, as like my third post ever... But I'm afraid I'll look like an idiot in front of my family and coworkers...

Do you think the following post would make me look foolish, to post out of the blue..? :

"If there was ever an introductory soundtrack for my presence, I would have to select this track... And my name would be Captain... And I would have a very serious glare."
IF I post something on Facebook, I make it "visible for ME ONLY". So, nobody can see it, except me. Start with that, and maybe after a few days you think, aha I add 1 person extra who is allowed to see it. Don't add family and coworkers to the list. Or add these to the list "NOT allowed to see it"

Facebook is good in this, to include/exclude who is allowed to see your stuff;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I live by the rule, you always have to remember social media is social, if you don't think its a good idea to post then don't. I see nothing wrong with what you intend but you obviously have concerns...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...Do you think the following post would make me look foolish, to post out of the blue..?...
Its better than a political post or a preaching post.

You have to be a little fake, presenting a consistent image of yourself and one which compels them to hit the like buttons. Its not whether the post makes you look stupid but whether they like it. If they like it you're a genius, but if they don't then you seem an idiot with bad taste or possibly even moral incapacity. Is the music what they want to hear? Is the cover what they want to see? People can't help but be this way.

PureX

Veteran Member
"Vito-doesn't-have-anything-to-say-but-he-wants-to-say-it-any-way ..." (Children singing and taunting the 'great producer' as he walks along the sidewalk in the Fellini film 8 1/2.)

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

I would post it.
But then, I do not really care what others think of me.
Well, most of the population I could care less.
There is a handful of people I mind my p's and q's around.
Religious Forums for example....

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
This is why I only have a select group of coworkers on my social media. They understand my twisted sense of humour so I don’t have to fear reprisal from my posts (drunk or otherwise.)