• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need song suggestions for child's funeral

idea

Question Everything
Some of our friends lost their little 19 month old boy on Thanksgiving, I'm helping out with music for the funeral. I need suggestions for songs for the slideshow, thanks.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
'Tomorrow,' from Annie ... My class and I sang it at a funeral for a student's sudden death from an asthma attack some 20 years ago ... just a suggestion ... May your friends find solace in the days and years ahead.

Rakhel

This may sound absolutely stupid but it was the first thought that came into my head.
may be better on a headstone for a child. I don't know. but I had to post this or it would bug me forever.

Twinkle twinkle little star
Now I know just what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle twinkle little star
now I know just what you are

idea

Question Everything
thanks everyone... God this is hard...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lullabye (Goodnight, My angel) – Billy Joel
[youtube]dcnd55tLCv8[/youtube]
Billy Joel - Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) - YouTube
Goodnight my angel, now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an Emerald Bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me

Who’d You’d Be Today – Kenny Chesney
[youtube]2Ne3cz9eUsQ[/youtube]
Kenny Chesney - Who You'd Be Today - YouTube

Forever Young – Bob Dylan
[youtube]CejvzZRoX9Y[/youtube]
Forever Young ( Bob Dylan/Joan Baez Cover) - YouTube
[youtube]CXe-OD58o9o[/youtube]
Bob Dylan - Forever Young 1/3 ( From The Last Waltz. 12 de Novembro de 1976.) - YouTube
May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay forever young
May you stay forever young.

Can’t Cry Hard Enough – William Brothers
[youtube]XbCiidBw4hk[/youtube]
CAN'T CRY HARD ENOUGH by Williams Brothers - YouTube
I'm Gonna live my life
Like every day's the last
Without a simple goodbye
It all goes by so fast.
And now that you're gone
I can't cry hard enough
No I can't cry hard enough
For you to hear me now.

"You'll Be In My Heart" – Phil Collins, (Disney’s Tarzan movie)
[youtube]JIVaUcE4kAM[/youtube]
Tarzan Soundtrack - You'll be in my heart by Phil Collins - YouTube
Come stop your crying
It will be all right
Just take my hand Hold it tight
For one so small,
you seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry
'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

I promise it’s not goodbye – Chris Cornell
[youtube]mDym1NvxU6Q[/youtube]
I promise it's not goodbye - Chris Cornell - YouTube
Mommy, please don't cry
I'm as safe as I can be
I know you miss me,
But I've finally been set free
And if you find that you need me
I will be waiting here
To help you get through
And take away your fear
I love you so much mom
But it's time for me to fly
I will see you every night
And I swear it's not goodbye
I promise it's not goodbye

Now, Bubba, please don't cry
I'm still your best friend
We will always be together
There will never be an end
I hope you don't forget
The games we loved to play
So keep me in your heart, yeah
And forever I will stay
I love you so much brother
I promise it's not goodbye

Now Daddy, please don't cry
I'm still here everyday
It may not be the same
But beside you I will lay
When you think of me tonight
Hold me tight in your mind
And if you ever again need me
I won't be hard to find
I love you so much daddy
I promise it's not goodbye.

How Come the World Won’t Stop – Anastacia
[youtube]tmydl5AjiMk[/youtube]
Anastacia - How come the world won't stop - YouTube
The sun is still shining
but everything feels like rain, oh
and if I had one wish
it would be to see you again

Religiousman101

How about, "God Be With You 'Till We Meet Again" look it up, it's one of my favorites and would be perfect for you at this time, I promise

idea

Question Everything
The funeral was well attended, a spiritual experience for everyone. His grandfather got up and talked about what a good little kid he was, and then we had a spiritual discussion on why bad things happen to good people (and these are truly good people) and how it all fits in with God's plan.

I think we all came away from it knowing that our days are all numbered, our life is as long as it needs to be - that nothing is cut short, but that we all live to our appointed time.

The parents talked about little things within the previous weeks that had prepared them for this day - things that they did not recognize until after the fact, but upon looking back, now recognize what they were given.

it was said that the greatest love is that of mourning with one another - for some reason that stuck out to me...

here are notes from the funeral service for anyone who is interested. I think it answers a lot of questions, and was able to give many people there closure/hope/peace.

******** ********’s Funeral Service
12/1/2011

Mourning
We are here to mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort.
Mourning is the deepest expression of love.
We mourn not because we lack faith that the Lord will raise ******** to live again, but because we will miss him until that day.
D&C 42:45 Thou shalt live together in love, insomuch that thou shalt weep for the loss of them that die
Basic Doctrines
· We believe the atonement of Christ saves all who believe in Him and that each person will receive a reward equivalent to his/her faithfulness.
· We believe we lived with God before we were born and there demonstrated faith and good works (Alma 13:3) and received important lessons (D&C 138:56).
· We believe this life has one purpose only: to prepare to meet God. (Alma 34:32)
· We believe God has called prophets and apostles in our day .
· We believe in the Bible and additional scriptures: Book of Mormon, D&C, Pearl of Great Price
· We believe the Lord has restored to the earth Priesthood power and the keys to “bind on earth what is bound in heaven” (Matt. 16:19), the sealing power.
· We believe that through the sealing power husband and wife can joined for time and all eternity and their marriage does not end at death.
· We believe children born to sealed parents or who are later sealed to them are forever joined to them and they will continue as a family unit throughout eternity.
What do we know?
We Know ******** is With God
Mosiah 15:22:-25 (Abinadi)
22 And…all those that have believed…are raised to dwell with God who has redeemed them; thus they have eternal life through Christ, who has broken the bands of death.
24 And these are those who have part in the first resurrection; and these are they that have died before Christ came, in their ignorance, not having salvation declared unto them. And thus the Lord bringeth about the restoration of these; and they have a part in the first resurrection, or have eternal life, being redeemed by the Lord.
25 And little children also have eternal life.
Moroni 8:11 (Mormon) 11 Little children need no repentance
D&C 137 (Joseph Smith)
1 The heavens were opened upon us, and I beheld the celestial kingdom of God, and the glory thereof, whether in the body or out I cannot tell.
2 I saw the transcendent beauty of the gate through which the heirs of that kingdom will enter, which was like unto circling flames of fire;
3 Also the blazing throne of God, whereon was seated the Father and the Son.
4 I saw the beautiful streets of that kingdom, which had the appearance of being paved with gold.
5 I saw Father Adam and Abraham; and my father and my mother; my brother Alvin, that has long since slept;
6 And marveled how it was that he had obtained an inheritance in that kingdom, seeing that he had departed this life before the Lord had set his hand to gather Israel the second time, and had not been baptized for the remission of sins.
7 Thus came the voice of the Lord unto me, saying: All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God;
8 Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;
9 For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts.
10 And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.

idea

Question Everything
cont...

We Know ******** will Live Again
Helaman 14:17 (Samuel the Lamanite) But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.
Alma 11:44 (Amulek) Now, this [resurrection] shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now,
We Know **** and ******** will Rear ******** in the Millennium
Joseph Smith to a woman who lost her child: “You will have the joy, the pleasure, and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after its resurrection...” (Gospel Doctrine, 455-56)
Will he be a child as he is now? Sit on your knee? Have to learn to read, drive, etc.?
Joseph F. Smith: "The body will come forth as it is laid to rest, for there is no growth nor development in the grave. As it is laid down, so will it arise, and…after the resurrection will develop to the full stature of man" (Improvement Era 7 [June 1904]:623-24).
Joseph Smith: “As concerning the resurrection, I will merely say that all men will come from the grave as they lie down, whether old or young, there will not be ‘added unto their stature one cubit, neither taken from it…Children will be enthroned in the presence of God and the Lamb with bodies of the same stature that they had on earth…”. (Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 227)
D&C 45:58 “Children shall grow up without sin unto salvation.”

What we know gives us great comfort, but the most pressing question remains unanswered. Why?
Couldn’t the Lord have sent His angels to hedge up the way to prevent this tragedy?
Why Was he Taken?
Days are Numbered
· D&C 122:9 Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less;
· Reasonable to assume all our days are numbered, will not be more or less
· God is all knowing, omniscient
· God is all wise
· In His infinite wisdom and foreknowledge he has numbered our days to ensure we have sufficient time to complete our mortal missions. Our days will not be less, our days will not be more. Some may live nearly a century or longer to bless their lives or that of others. Others, like ********, may only require a short time in mortality to complete their mission on earth.
******** too Righteous, World too Wicked
Help me understand.
When has the Lord taken people from the earth?
Moses 7:69 And Enoch and all his people walked with God, and he dwelt in the midst of Zion; and it came to pass that Zion was not, for God received it up into his own bosom; and from thence went forth the saying, Zion is Fled.
What was Zion fleeing from?
Enoch was Noah’s great grandfather.
Enoch and his city were taken from the earth because the earth was ripe with iniquity and soon to be cleansed by the flood.
All of the righteous were taken from the earth through death or translation except for Noah and his household prior to the flood.
My impression: ******** was taken because he was too righteous and the world is too wicked and the Lord is preparing to cleanse it by fire just as he cleansed it by flood.
Joseph Smith: “This world is a very wicked world; and…the world grows more wicked and corrupt…In these days…a [righteous] man is much opposed and persecuted by most of the inhabitants of the earth, and he has much sorrow to pass through here. The Lord takes many away even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again.” (Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p.223)
******** Continues his Mission
Joseph F. Smith
D&C 138:56 Even before they were born, they, with many others, received their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the salvation of the souls of men.
57 I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of the gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of the dead.
Rain on Saturday
Fasting and Praying
Day ********s returned
ABC13.com
[FONT=&quot]"Amazing rainfall" floods [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Houston[/FONT][FONT=&quot] area[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]At one point last Saturday the rain was coming down as fast as it did during Tropical Storm Allison. Here are some of the "amazing" numbers from the Houston-Galveston National Weather Service office: [/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Pearland:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1.33" of rain fell in just 12 minutes; Total rainfall 7.94"[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Hobby[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Airport[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1.48" of rain fell in just 16 minutes; Total rainfall 7.79"[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Clear Creek:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 6.26" fell in just one hour; Total rainfall 9.92"[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]League City[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Total rainfall 11.80"[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Frelsburg[/FONT][FONT=&quot] in northern [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Colorado[/FONT][FONT=&quot]County[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Total rainfall 9.34"[/FONT]
Maybe ******** put in a good word for us.
Summary
******** is with God crowned with eternal glory.
******** will live again.
**** and ******** will be reunited with ******** and they will rear him in the millennium.
******** he had accomplished his mission in mortality and he was too righteous while the world is too wicked stay.
******** continues his mission in the world of spirits.