• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

need help in better understanding evolution.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Everyone should take the opportunity to look at all sides of an issue is all. I wish I did have the time to go into why I and many of our greatest scientists in many fields reject evolution but I don't.
I wish you would back up this statement, as it is false.
I understand some folks will examine the evidence and somehow come out in favor of evolution, despite the many flaws and the missing links and the fossil record of many kinds appearing all at once and etc. I just think people should honestly examine all sides of it. I grew up being fed the theory and upon more research found it to be preposterous--to me.
If you want to try to make a case that the evidence does not support the theory of evolution, I would be happy to start a thread to discuss this issue, as you are just plain wrong. Do you?

UnTheist

Everyone should take the opportunity to look at all sides of an issue is all. I wish I did have the time to go into why I and many of our greatest scientists in many fields reject evolution but I don't. I understand some folks will examine the evidence and somehow come out in favor of evolution, despite the many flaws and the missing links and the fossil record of many kinds appearing all at once and etc. I just think people should honestly examine all sides of it. I grew up being fed the theory and upon more research found it to be preposterous--to me.
"Holes" in the Theory in no way negate Evolution as "holes" in Psychology don't negate a brain.

joeboonda

I'm not wrong, I know without a doubt that evolution is complete and utter nonsense. Believe what you will, I'm not gonna debate something so silly as that theory, its ridiculous. Anyway, another good author I would recommend is Henry Morris. Peace.

UnTheist

I'm not wrong, I know without a doubt that evolution is complete and utter nonsense. Believe what you will, I'm not gonna debate something so silly as that theory, its ridiculous. Anyway, another good author I would recommend is Henry Morris. Peace.
You have not given any reason for us to believe otherwise. You do not get to decide what is 'silly' or 'ridiculous' when you are obviously beyond ignorant and cannot be taken seriously.

To suggest something like Evolution: A Theory in Crisis or The Collapse of Evolution is dishonest and you are outright lying to the person asking for information on the subject.

Keep your Pseudo-intellectualism to yourself.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I'm not wrong, I know without a doubt that evolution is complete and utter nonsense.
That you know so many unevidenced things "without a doubt" says far more about you than about a scientific paradigm that has pervasive support within the scientific community.

joeboonda

Believe what you want. I have examined the scientific evidence (I was raised on evolution and tried to believe it) and found it to be at odds with the theory of evolution and more in line with creation. Same as I have no desire to argue with a 5 year old that his birthday cake did not just make itself, when I made it. Just recommending a couple books-authors is all. Peace.

gnomon

Okay, I understand the core principles, but there is a lot that I don't understand. I've never been a scientifically inept person. Mostly I better want to understand evidence of transitional fossils. So, I was wondering if anyone could suggest any good books or websites that can easily explain evolution on laymen terms. I've been reading Richard Dawkins' "The God Delusion" and really like his writing style and was thinking about getting "Climbing mount Improbable" as his brief analogy of it made pretty clear sense to me. but any other books that are easy to understand for the unscientifically minded on the subject of evolution would help. Thanks.

If you want to start easy I would recommend Carl Sagan and Stephen Jay Gould. However, as already mentioned, there are more recent writings on current evolutionary theory that is better.

Just remember two things. Evolutionary theory does not posit the concept of progressive evolution also known as the great Chain of Being, nor is it accidental. These are two common mistakes brought forth by those who disavow evolutionary theory.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
As I said, you are being unhelpful, immature, and obnoxious.

Here's the difference between you and me:
I'm confident that I'm right, and I'm more than willing to back it up.
You assert that you're right, and are now willing to demonstrate it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Believe what you want. I have examined the scientific evidence (I was raised on evolution and tried to believe it) and found it to be at odds with the theory of evolution and more in line with creation. Same as I have no desire to argue with a 5 year old that his birthday cake did not just make itself, when I made it. Just recommending a couple books-authors is all. Peace.

Hmm, let's see, who's right, the entire scientific establishment, or some anonymous dude on the internet...science, dude...science, dude...? What do you think?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Creationists have been predicting the "imminent doom" of evolution since the 1920's.... It wasn't any closer in the 1980's nor is is close in the 2000's.

If anything evolution grows every year as more and more evidence is accumulated.

wa:do

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Thank you, and you may consider yourself equally complimented. Now, if you cannot back up your assertion, stop making it, before you start looking...like a type of person I'm sure you wouldn't want to look like.

joeboonda

Jesus Christ loves us and died for us and offers free forgiveness and eternal life. It was him who made this whole creation just as the Bible says. With no need to explain away why their are no "missing links" and all the other nonsense evolutionists come up with. Science and the Bible fit together beautifully, unlike science and atheistic evolution. The fossil record shows it quite well. Men are men and rabbits are rabbits, no transitionary fossils, nothing in flux. Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and loves every sinner on this earth. There is not one sinner whom he would reject, not one. In him one finds forgiveness, love, eternal life and peace for the soul.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Jesus Christ loves us and died for us and offers free forgiveness and eternal life.
Unsupported assertion
It was him who made this whole creation just as the Bible says.
Unsupported assertion
With no need to explain away why their are no "missing links" and all the other nonsense evolutionists come up with.
I don't know what a "missing link" is, but there are thousands of transitional fossils. What "missing link" in particular are you looking for?
Science and the Bible fit together beautifully,
other than the many times they contradict each other. Would you like me to cite a few examples?
unlike science and atheistic evolution.
Evolution is exactly as atheistic as plumbing.
The fossil record shows it quite well.
Assertion without support.
Men are men and rabbits are rabbits, no transitionary fossils, nothing in flux.
False. And unsupported.
Jesus Christ is King of Kings and Lord of Lords and loves every sinner on this earth. There is not one sinner whom he would reject, not one. In him one finds forgiveness, love, eternal life and peace for the soul.
Irrelevant unsupported assertion.

As I said, if you don't want to look like a person with no credibility, then you need to back up your assertions with evidence, and if you can't do that, stop making them.

This is the quality of your argument:
Jesus Christ is a particularly small dachsund. This is described in full in the Bible, and anyone who doesn't agree is a big dooby-head, because I say so, lblblblb.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
sandy and joe, do you realize how obnoxious and immature you're being? If someone asks for a basic introduction to Christianity, would you recommend The God Delusion or The End of Faith? You may disagree with the theory of evolution (which I would be happy to debate with you at whatever length you choose) but the OP has clearly indicated that he is interested in understanding it, and a book such as Denton's would not be helpful in this regard.
Garsh, I shoore wudnt want to offer the evidence for an opposin 'splanation now wud I.

Well, yeah sure, why not!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm sure all the Atheists on the board will remember that next time someone asks about Christianity.

In the mean time here are some more helpful ideas.

The Complete Idiots Guide to Evolution (book)
Amazon.com: The Complete Idiot's Guide(R) to Evolution: Books: Leslie Horvitz,Leslie Alan Horvitz

An Idiots Guide to Evolution: Simple Answers to Misguided Questions (web site)
An Idiot's Guide to Evolution: Simple Answers to Misguided Questions - Associated Content

more books.
The Complete Guide to Human Prehistory
Amazon.com: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Human Prehistory: Books: Robert J. Meier
Defending Evolution: a guide to the Evolution/Creation controversy
Amazon.com: Defending Evolution: A Guide to the Evolution/Creation Controversy: Books: Brian Alters
Not In Our Classrooms: why Intelligent Design is wrong for our schools
Amazon.com: Not in Our Classrooms: Why Intelligent Design Is Wrong for Our Schools: Books: Eugenie C. Scott,Glenn Branch

wa:do

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Garsh, I shoore wudnt want to offer the evidence for an opposin 'splanation now wud I.
I don't know, would you? It would certainly be helpful to anyone trying to make up their mind on the issue.
Well, yeah sure, why not!
So if I understand you correctly, you would be interested in a thread on the subject of the evidence in support of the theory of evolution?