• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

~~need Family History Done???~~~~

Bishka

Veteran Member
Guess who? It's your friendly neigborhood geneologist!

Hey everyone, I know a lot of you have no clue what your families were like, well, guess what? I'm here to help!!

I will help you with your family history, up to 5 generations free. Anything after that will cost ya! :D Don't worry, only $20-$30, not much, but something to help pay for paper costs. Plus I have school.

Just leave a message here or PM me! First come first serve basis!

Oh, another thing. Don't expect anything within a month of me starting it for you. :) It takes time. I've been working on ChristianGirl's since early April, and I'm just finishing it up.

Any takers? I'm really into it, and someday I would like to get my degree in it, right now it's just a fun hobby.

Oh yes, one more thing. If you do, I'll be asking you some questions about your family, concerning, birth, marriage, death dates and names. If you aren't willing to give those out, I can't do a thing for you.

So any takers? BTW, I AM DANG-DIDDLY DARN SERIOUS ABOUT THIS. FAMILY HISTORY IS ONE OF MY LOVES AND I FIND IT FACSINATING. SO BY DOING YOUR FAMILY HISTORY, YOU ARE DOING ME A FAVOR! :)

Thanks y'all!

~Becky, the family history nut

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Actually, yes.

I'd be very happy for someone to utilize their genious to find out something about my father's paternal side to his family. I can only go back like three generations and then I dead end...

I'll PM you.

Bishka

Veteran Member
dawny0826 said:
Actually, yes.

I'd be very happy for someone to utilize their genious to find out something about my father's paternal side to his family. I can only go back like three generations and then I dead end...

I'll PM you.

Oh that'd be awesome. Yes, I'll defintley help you!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Oooo! Are you able to help with matrilineal heritage? (From what little experience I have, that seems to be much more difficult.) I can't seem to get much further than my great- grandmother on my mom's side. (Though my 'official' lineage, through my fathers' side, I've been able to do.)

This is truly wonderful and generous of you, Becky! It's great when someone has a love that they can share with others!

Bishka

Veteran Member
FeathersinHair said:
Oooo! Are you able to help with matrilineal heritage? (From what little experience I have, that seems to be much more difficult.) I can't seem to get much further than my great- grandmother on my mom's side. (Though my 'official' lineage, through my fathers' side, I've been able to do.)

This is truly wonderful and generous of you, Becky! It's great when someone has a love that they can share with others!

I should be able to. :D Depends on what info there is out there. Just PM or IM me, IM'ing would be better for now.

evearael

Tempting! What resources do you use? I traced my husband's geneology back over a thousand years and then the computer crashed...:areyoucra...and that is when I learned to make a back-up.

Bishka

Veteran Member
evearael said:
Tempting! What resources do you use? I traced my husband's geneology back over a thousand years and then the computer crashed...:areyoucra...and that is when I learned to make a back-up.
'

1000 years? I got to hand it to you. Wow! I have basically any resource (my mum is at BYU --the only univeristy in the country offering family history degrees, and that is what she is getting). She has access to all the top-honchos in the field, many of her professors have written the books, etc. If you have heard of Kip Sperry--he taught my mum. If you want to, I can help. Either side, you pick. You'll have to get in line. I have Dawn, Sharon, and then you'd be next if you want.

evearael

1000 years? I got to hand it to you. Wow! I have basically any resource (my mum is at BYU --the only univeristy in the country offering family history degrees, and that is what she is getting). She has access to all the top-honchos in the field, many of her professors have written the books, etc. If you have heard of Kip Sperry--he taught my mum. If you want to, I can help. Either side, you pick. You'll have to get in line. I have Dawn, Sharon, and then you'd be next if you want.
That is awesome! Help everyone else first. I'm going to try to pick it back up this summer and start all over again. (And make a few hundred copies in various formats.) I feel the need to at least get it started again, though I will certainly let you know when I hit a rough spot.

Bishka

Veteran Member
evearael said:
That is awesome! Help everyone else first. I'm going to try to pick it back up this summer and start all over again. (And make a few hundred copies in various formats.) I feel the need to at least get it started again, though I will certainly let you know when I hit a rough spot.

Okay! :)

Circle_One

I'd love for you to do this for me, Becks. Honestly, I don't know anything about my family past my maternal grandparents. I don't even know who my paternal grandparents were!