• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need and religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think the reaction here shows how much people want there to be a need for religion but how much they are unable to produce one.
Again, you were given reasons.
You're just not accepting them.

That isn't your choice.
Maybe they aren't valid for you, but so what? They're valid for others.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the reaction here shows that people prefer honest debate over thinly-veiled sermonizing.

I don't know about that, but I do think it shows that someone needs to improve their listening and/or reading comprehension skills.

Though this assumes that listening, understanding, and comprehending was desired in the first place, which might be an incorrect assumption.

Oh well. Seen it before, will see it many times in the future around here.

Jeremiah

I don't know about that, but I do think it shows that someone needs to improve their listening and/or reading comprehension skills.

Though this assumes that listening, understanding, and comprehending was desired in the first place, which might be an incorrect assumption.

Oh well. Seen it before, will see it many times in the future around here.

Yippee a cow pinata!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, Jeremiah; maybe you are listening, but it doesn't seem like you are. And by listening, I don't mean agreeing with. I mean acknowledging that respondents have given several reasons why religion can be needed instead of dismissing what they are saying and declaring "I think the reaction here shows how much people want there to be a need for religion but how much they are unable to produce one." Respondents to your thread have produced one. Several, actually. You're either not listening to what they are saying or are willfully choosing to ignore/distort what they are saying.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
So it looks like no one can provide a real need for religion. Seems religion is something we can do without altogether.

I believe there is a need for religion and for reasons already mentioned. It is a way for me to get in touch with my own spirituality and trying to communicate with God. There are also religions with no God- they seem to be about bettering oneself. Yes, a lot of those things mentioned and what I said here can be done without religion but we who follow a faith usually do so because we do indeed have a need for it. We also have a want for it, as well.

Jeremiah

Sorry, Jeremiah; maybe you are listening, but it doesn't seem like you are. And by listening, I don't mean agreeing with. I mean acknowledging that respondents have given several reasons why religion can be needed instead of dismissing what they are saying and declaring "I think the reaction here shows how much people want there to be a need for religion but how much they are unable to produce one." Respondents to your thread have produced one. Several, actually. You're either not listening to what they are saying or are willfully choosing to ignore/distort what they are saying.

Ya, I am a horrible person, I am just so stupid, stupid, stupid.

This thread is no longer on course, it is now a thread about me. So feel free to ask me anything, I am listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.