• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need a Hairstyle opinion from the Ladies

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Eh, I think it's perfectly fine. It's less abysmally boring than most guys, who have the same stupid short haircut of boringness. With how you have it now, I might actually notice you. Grow out out appreciably long and then I will *really* look at you because you'll quit looking like everyone else. On the flip side, I thus really dig women who have a short haircut for the same reason: they don't look like everyone else.

Eh, I think it's perfectly fine. It's less abysmally boring than most guys, who have the same stupid short haircut of boringness. With how you have it now, I might actually notice you. Grow out out appreciably long and then I will *really* look at you because you'll quit looking like everyone else. On the flip side, I thus really dig women who have a short haircut for the same reason: they don't look like everyone else.

Cool,thanks for your opinion. I don't think I will grow it out past my chin, but we'll see how it looks longer.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I think it could look good coming down past your ear but not much more than that (although I'd have to actually see it to really know).

I think it could look good coming down past your ear but not much more than that (although I'd have to actually see it to really know).

Ya, I think that is ideal for me. I mean, I am not really that concerned with looks, but I just don't want to be one of those effeminate guys, or one of those guys that looks goofy with long hair. If either is the case, I am going to cut it, lol. I didn't know that I had naturally wavy hair, and IMO, wavy and especially curly hair at a certain point just looks too pretty on a guy.

I always liked Johnny Depp's style though.

Last edited:
Well I chopped it off. Kudos to women for having long hair, I couldn't stand the maintenance. We guys must take a lot for granted...

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
It's really only as high maintenance as you choose to let it be. :shrug: Know how much time I spend on my hair in the morning? Negligible. Know how much time and money I spend getting haircuts? None. It maintains itself. All it requires is the correct shampoo so it actually behaves itself, and the rest is brainless and painless. People choose to be fussy about hair, regardless of length. I choose to not waste my time on such nonsense. =P

It's really only as high maintenance as you choose to let it be. :shrug: Know how much time I spend on my hair in the morning? Negligible. Know how much time and money I spend getting haircuts? None. It maintains itself. All it requires is the correct shampoo so it actually behaves itself, and the rest is brainless and painless. People choose to be fussy about hair, regardless of length. I choose to not waste my time on such nonsense. =P

Well because I had naturally wavy hair, I had to maintain a certain level of oilyness and moisture, otherwise it would get frizzy. A lot of times, it would get either too oily or too dry, and I just don't want to worry about something as trivial as that. I was using expensive stuff too (my mother is a hair stylist). But uh, yeah. Now all I do is just brush my hair for a couple minutes.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Eh, long hair doesn't make a guy look effeminate. >_> Granted, I also think the entire social construct of gender is bull **** anyway, so I don't really give a whiff if someone looks "masculine" or "feminine" since they are nonsense concepts to me in the first place.

Friz happens. People obsess too much. A little friz never killed anyone. *laughs* Your hair shouldn't look like a shampoo commercial. The hair on those is disturbing because it is too artificially perfect. Obviously fake and digitally manipulated. Not a fan, and when I see people that are really persnickety about their appearance I become instantly not impressed. >_>

Eh, long hair doesn't make a guy look effeminate. >_> Granted, I also think the entire social construct of gender is bull **** anyway, so I don't really give a whiff if someone looks "masculine" or "feminine" since they are nonsense concepts to me in the first place.
Personally, I dislike rigid gender roles and such. I prefer to see men and women as the same. However, this society is still very rigid when it comes to gender roles. Look or act adrogenous and people will hold you in reserve during an interview, not take you seriously, or question your sexual orientation. It's only a small minority of people that don't really subscribe to such norms. At least, that has been my experience. I have met quite a few people that think long hair is strictly for women.

Friz happens. People obsess too much. A little friz never killed anyone. *laughs* Your hair shouldn't look like a shampoo commercial. The hair on those is disturbing because it is too artificially perfect. Obviously fake and digitally manipulated. Not a fan, and when I see people that are really persnickety about their appearance I become instantly not impressed. >_>

I like to be well groomed, that's about it. Wavy to curly hair requires a lot of maintenance, its not like the frizz that you get with straight hair. A little frizz and I would seriously look like Carrot Top. It wasn't about being persnickety, that was just the nature of my hair and it was a pain in the ***. Good God was such a pain in the ***. At least I don't have to think about hair anymore now, lol.

Last edited:

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Do you mean young women who have a short haircut?
The trend around here is for women to have shorter and shorter hair as they age.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally, I dislike rigid gender roles and such. I prefer to see men and women as the same. However, this society is still very rigid when it comes to gender roles. Look or act adrogenous and people will hold you in reserve during an interview, not take you seriously, or question your sexual orientation. It's only a small minority of people that don't really subscribe to such norms. At least, that has been my experience. I have met quite a few people that think long hair is strictly for women.

Fair enough. I prefer to be the change I want to see in the world instead of contributing to what I perceive to be the problem. Society, I will not bow to you on this! So there! :p

Plus, long hair on guys is seriously hot. Long hair on guys makes me think: sexy honorable Jedi masters, badarse macho medieval warriors, or Pagan godliness. But I am perhaps abnormal in this. >_>

And I understand about battling hair. Mine was the same until I found the right shampoo and quit trying to make it do stuff it didn't want to.

Yes, Koldo, I meant young women.

Fair enough. I prefer to be the change I want to see in the world instead of contributing to what I perceive to be the problem. Society, I will not bow to you on this! So there! :p

Plus, long hair on guys is seriously hot. Long hair on guys makes me think: sexy honorable Jedi masters, badarse macho medieval warriors, or Pagan godliness. But I am perhaps abnormal in this. >_>

And I understand about battling hair. Mine was the same until I found the right shampoo and quit trying to make it do stuff it didn't want to.

Yes, Koldo, I meant young women.
I'm half asian so I grew up around guys who had long hair. I never once thought it was feminine on a personal level.

And, I might not have long hair anymore, but I still wear earings. I am not removing those, I have gotten too used to them.

Last edited: