• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nebraska Judge Third To Strike Down Federal Abortion Ban

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I'm not sure if forced abortion is what the topic is about. In China, unless I am mistaken, there is a strong possiblity that 'unwanted pregnancies' will be "dealt with" by the government either before the baby is born or after. If my child were under fate of death, and I had no way to leave the country, I would choose to do so before the child was born, for the childs' sake.

johnnys4life said:
The government donates a great deal of money to the UN Population Fund (Planned Parenthood was lobbying for a donation of $34 million, a buttload of money in my humble opinion), who in turn gives money to support China's family planning policies. President Bush and Congress sent over a delegation to investigate this case and numerous other abuses by the Chinese government, and upon verifying the claims, yanked the funding.

Sorry, you are only half right. Congress did assign $34 mil. to the UN Population Fund but Pres. Bush refused the funding, claiming as you state, that the money was being used in forced abortion programs. A group of officials from the State Dept. did investigate as you stated but they found NO evidence that any monies were going to forced abortions. Pre, Bush refuses to acknowledge this and still has not released the money which has affected millions of women in third world countries. These women are now going without reproductive healthcare, birth control education and supplies (and I don't consider abortion as a method of birth control). As a result, you can only imagine how many more unwanted pregnancies have occurred and/r deaths have occurred as a result of this? Pro-life is such a hypocritical misnomer.

linwood

Sorry, you are only half right. Congress did assign $34 mil. to the UN Population Fund but Pres. Bush refused the funding, claiming as you state, that the money was being used in forced abortion programs. A group of officials from the State Dept. did investigate as you stated but they found NO evidence that any monies were going to forced abortions.

Thats the story I read as well.