• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Geographic "Super Croc" Worlds largest Crocodile - Man Killer.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Good show about this monster crocodile that kept eating people in the Philippines.

It ate some children, not for the squeamish.

Whiterain

There should be a Directory for Documentaries, TV Talk should suffice though.

I really enjoyed it and they really caught the worlds largest Crocodile, a 6.17 meter crocodile.

The locals said it wasn't the right one and that there were even bigger one's in the water.

What was most hysterical though is as soon as they caught this one people went back to swimming in the water as normal. Like there were no other crocodiles in there that would eat them.

LoLong
99a68452c6_92969949_o2.jpg

And the locals reported there was an even bigger one. So there may be another show pumped out of the region sometime.

A 6ft tall Man looks like an infant climbing on that monster.

Whiterain

Good find Nietzsche. Lolong is dead as of 2013, he didn't last long in captivity.

I wonder if crocs refer to us as "croc killer" or "killer human"?

I was pleased to see them capture the beast over simply killing it or dozens of other Crocs in the process. But after any animal is believed to have killed a human it's usually permitted to hunt and kill the beast.

But it was thrilling to learn there are such gigantic crocodiles in the world, particularly in the Philippines, I had no idea.

I grew up in Florida, I've only heard of giant Alligators, alligators grow quite large as well but hunting was made seasonal.

Statewide Alligator Harvest Program

People get attacked all the time in Florida, doesn't always hit the press but there is a huge alligator that usually turns up at least once a year and it's usually hunted and killed.

Reptiles are just fascinating, they'll dominate the ecosystem again for sure while the Mammalian kingdom is already dying off.

Addition

I'm no bleeding heart but I would prefer them in captivity. They'll eat and live like kings and die in misery.

Here's the Carnufex - A Bi-pedal Crocodile/Alligator from the Triassic (230,000,000 years ago) North America.

Crocs and Gators are just amazing, they've seen it all over eons and would dominate the ecosystem if it wasn't for Man.

Last edited: