• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mythic Creatures of the Philippines

theGuy

I'm Filipino myself and a friend of mine tells me these crazy stories of creatures in the provinces of the Philippines. Anyone know of these myths?

.lava

Veteran Member
i am not familiar with myths but i believe there are creatures we do not know yet. i don't think we would know all creatures that exist here. have you ever seen photos of sea creatures that's found after tsunami? some look very strange :)

Renji

I'm Filipino myself and a friend of mine tells me these crazy stories of creatures in the provinces of the Philippines. Anyone know of these myths?

Hi! I'm a Filipino too! :D There are a lot of mythical characters in our country like dwendes (dwarfs), aswang (something like a vampire), tikbalang ( centaur like creature; half human, half horse), diwata(fairies), engkanto (elementals), so on.. It's a good thing you asked so we can share our culture to other races;)

Last edited:

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
There was once a mythical creature known simply as the "Giant Squid". There were myths dating back thousands of years about them. Wouldn't you know it? They have actually found them, dead and alive. Very fascinating. I believe there are supposed to be a lot off of the Japanese coast.