• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mysterious symbol

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'd love to hear it Katz :)
Well, Isaiah 2:2 says, "And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it." We Latter-day Saints believe that the mountain of the Lord's house is the temple and that it stands today surrounded by mountains in the city thought of an Zions by the early Mormon pioneers. Isaiah 35:6 says, "Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert." Anyone who has ever been out West can tell you that Salt Lake City lies in the middle of a desert. Jesus Christ has often been referred to as the fountain of living waters. So when I first saw your symbol, I pictured the Salt Lake Temple, surrounded by high mountains, in the middle of the desert, but nourished by the fountain of living waters.

blackout

Violet.
I find it so fascinating how the very same symbols/symbolisms
mean such entirely different and unique things to different people.

I really enjoy reading all the differing insights.
From the deep to the silly.
We all interpret what we see so differently.
The many meanings of life.:rainbow1:

Aasimar

Atheist
cited from The Symbolism and Spiritual Significance of the Number Three

valknut3.gif
The ValknutR: As can be seen, the valknutR consists of three triangles linked together. A variation has three horns interlinked. The valknutR symbolizes the power of Wóden to bind and unbind the minds of men. According to the Hávamál Wóden can place “fetters” upon his enemies, so that in battle they became panicked or frozen with fear. On the other hand, Wóden could also free a man’s mind, so that he may be unencumbered by fear in battle, so that he might receive the inspiration for writing poetry, or so that he might experience religious ecstasy. As a symbol of Wóden, the valknutR appears frequently in Theodish and Asatru circles alike. Because we are dedicated to Wóden, the valknutR is an official symbol of Wednesbury Theod, though it used very frequently elsewhere as well.

I'm sure you know I would consider symbols in a dream to mean about 0, but for those who obsess about dreams and such, 3 is a crazy number they like to freak out about, perhaps you should look there.

On a less creative note, your symbol reminded me of the PC Game Riven and how long it took me to beat the marble puzzle, but that's just me.

Aasimar

Atheist
It also kinda looks like

si-symb4.gif

Or if you can't see what I'm talking about;

si-symb9.gif

Which is the symbol on the flag of Slovenia.

Smoke

Done here.
Check this out, from Wikipedia again:
Triglav (lit. 'three headed') also sometimes called troglav is a god or complex of gods in Slavic mythology, similar in nature to the Trinity in Christianity or Trimurti in Hinduism. Often, he is considered to be the same deity as Troyan.

Triglav is a unity of three gods. The exact members of the triad vary by place and time. An early variation included Svarog, Perun, and Dajbog. Later, Dajbog was replaced by Svetovid or Veles. Triglav is usually described as a fusion of these gods. More rarely he is said to be their son. It may also be a unity of lesser gods (Lesser Triglav).

In one legend, Triglav is veiled completely, so holy that he cannot see the evil deeds of men. He rarely appears around mortals.

Triglav is depicted as a three-headed man sometimes with bands of (gold) blindfolds over his eyes, or a man with three goat heads. Several temples dedicated to Triglav existed near Szczecin, Poland. During the period of Christianization, these temples and statues of Triglav were completely destroyed.

Triglav's heads represent sky, earth and the Underworld. Some priests said that Triglav has three heads because he rules all three kingdoms (sky, earth and hell) and has a binding over his eyes so he could not see people's sins. His eyes are said to possess great power (that's why all eyes on his statues are covered).

Some hypothesize that Triglav, the highest mountain in Slovenia, was named after the god.

In Slavic mythology, Svarog (Polish: Swaróg, Cyrillic: Сварог, Sorbian: Schwayxtix) is the Slavic Sun God and spirit of fire; his name means bright and clear. The name may be related to Sanskrit Svarga and Persian xwar (pron. Chvar) both meaning the same thing, indicating Indo-European etymological relation. So sacred was the fire that it was forbidden to shout or swear at it while it was being lit. Folklore portrays him as a fire serpent, a winged dragon that breathes fire. According to some interpretations the fire-god Svarogich was the son of Svarog. However, other sources refer to these names as one and the same god of fire.

In Slavic mythology, Perun (with many spelling and pronunciation variants among modern Slavic languages) is the highest god of the pantheon and the god of thunder and lightning. His other attributes were the mountain, oak, eagle, firmament (in Indo-European languages this was joined with the notion of the sky of stone), horses and carts, weapons (the hammer, axe and arrow), war, and fire. He was first associated with weapons made of stone and later with those of metal.

Dazbog, Dazhbog or Dazhdbog (South-Slavic Dabog or Dajbog, Czech Dažbog, Polish Dadzbóg or Dadźbóg, Serbian Дажбог/Dažbog) was one of major gods of Slavic mythology, most likely a solar deity and possibly a culture hero. He is one of several authentic Slavic gods, mentioned by a number of medieval manuscripts, and one of few Slavic gods for which evidence of worship can be found in all Slavic nations.

Sventevith, Svetovid, Suvid, Svantevit, Svantovit, Svantovít, Swantovít, Sventovit, Zvantevith, Świętowit, Sutvid, Vid. and, incorrectly, Światowit, is the Slavic deity of war, fertility and abundance.

Veles (Old Russian Велесъ, identified with Volos Волосъ, listed as a Christian saint in Old Russian texts) is a major Slavic god of earth, waters and the underworld, associated with dragons, cattle, magic, musicians, wealth and trickery. He is also the opponent of thunder-god Perun, and the battle between two of them constitutes one of the most important myths of Slavic mythology. No direct accounts survive, but reconstructions speculate that he may directly continue aspects of the Proto-Indo-European pantheon and that he may have been imagined as (at least partially) serpentine, with horns (of a bull, ram or some other domesticated herbivore), and a long beard.

Fishage

Searcher
Check this out, from Wikipedia again:
Triglav (lit. 'three headed') also sometimes called troglav is a god or complex of gods in Slavic mythology, similar in nature to the Trinity in Christianity or Trimurti in Hinduism. Often, he is considered to be the same deity as Troyan.

Triglav is a unity of three gods. The exact members of the triad vary by place and time. An early variation included Svarog, Perun, and Dajbog. Later, Dajbog was replaced by Svetovid or Veles. Triglav is usually described as a fusion of these gods. More rarely he is said to be their son. It may also be a unity of lesser gods (Lesser Triglav).

In one legend, Triglav is veiled completely, so holy that he cannot see the evil deeds of men. He rarely appears around mortals.

Triglav is depicted as a three-headed man sometimes with bands of (gold) blindfolds over his eyes, or a man with three goat heads. Several temples dedicated to Triglav existed near Szczecin, Poland. During the period of Christianization, these temples and statues of Triglav were completely destroyed.

Triglav's heads represent sky, earth and the Underworld. Some priests said that Triglav has three heads because he rules all three kingdoms (sky, earth and hell) and has a binding over his eyes so he could not see people's sins. His eyes are said to possess great power (that's why all eyes on his statues are covered).

Some hypothesize that Triglav, the highest mountain in Slovenia, was named after the god.

Any images?