• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My Name Is Lee I am new to this site

co_crucified

hello all I am interested in learning more about the MISSING pieces of the bible and the shroud of turin and I am seeking the truth becuase i think what is missing in the bible could be very important information we need and I am interested in Jesus life between the ages of 13 and 30 since the bible never mentioned anything about that time I read he was studying with buddhists....Anybody know anything of this?

robtex

Veteran Member
Great to meet you. Sure we can dig quite a bit on it over the days. What are your hobbies and interests?

Ori

Angel slayer
Welcome and namaste.

There are many theories of Jesus travelling, from India to Japan, but as far as I know, there is no real evidence to support them.

The most important thing is to keep looking for answers, good luck.

co_crucified

My hobbies and interests are:Music i love music of all kinds I rap but I write about spirituality and I speed rap it (rap it fast) and I play electric guitar hoping to start a band soon just havent found people serious enough yet. umm....as for the proof of Jesus studying with Buddhists I read that they actually do have some thing that mentions him but they called him something like "st.issa" or "st.imma" or something like that they said he came from jerusalem and was crucified and that he came to them as a child and was very wise and stuff like that so yeah Im just trying to find out more about that i also have recently been reading and looking at pictures of The Shroud of Turin they found the cloth used to wrap Jesus body after the crucifizion and it has his image on it staind with blood so you can see his face and stuff it's very interesting.Get back at me when you can everybody.

co_crucified

thanks everybody for welcoming me.I am not judgemental so no matter what religion you are Im sure we can get along I wont argue and tell everybody they're going to hell haha.

co_crucified

well anybody know of stuff like our inner-christ or awakening the buddha within becuase I know we too can become very powerful and can heal and stuff like that too if we try it enough um...meditate and stuff like that becuase I know we can recieve "the christ mind" and I think that's probably tapping into all possibilties too.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
co_crucified said:
hello all I am interested in learning more about the MISSING pieces of the bible and the shroud of turin and I am seeking the truth becuase i think what is missing in the bible could be very important information we need and I am interested in Jesus life between the ages of 13 and 30 since the bible never mentioned anything about that time I read he was studying with buddhists....Anybody know anything of this?
Welcome to the Forum !

Please feel free to ask questions, if you have any. You might like to check out our article with links for our newer members; from there, there is also a link to the forum rules which you ought to see.

Interesting subjects you want to study; I wish you luck!:)

QTpi

Mischevious One
Hi, co_crucified. Welcome to Religious Forums. We're happy to have you with us and hope you enjoy your stay. :jiggy:

co_crucified

So I am guessing nobody that has read my questions and thoughts can relate or knows anything of it well, okay I am curios also to avatars i hear there is supposed to be more coming to earth now becuase the world needs guidance again......anybody know anything of avatars?or archetypes?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Hi.

Have you read Christ the Lord:Out of Egypt by Anne Rice? She has always been interested in filling in the blanks between the childhood and adulthood of Jesus Christ, so she did extensive research on the subject and wrote a novel about Jesus in the first person...as if Jesus was a young boy and was telling his own story.

I haven't read it personally but I thought I'd throw that out there...seems like it could be an interesting read. I no longer read Anne Rice but she boasts on the historical accuracy in her works. Who knows...

Nice to meet you. :)

A

angellous_evangellous

Welcome to the forum, Lee.

Where did you hear that Jesus studied with Buddists at a young age?

FFH

Veteran Member
Welcom Lee,

Jesus as a carpenter would have been pretty dull reading. I wouldn't want to write about my last 15 years slaving away making pizzas. Same junk different day. You get the idea. Nothing significant to write about there. Jesus had to make a living too you know. He was not exempt from this. He slaved away just like the rest of us, until his ministry. He worked and had an occupation no different than most of us, only in more primitive harsher conditions. We got it easy compared to him.

I like your username. Good thing we don't have to actually be crucified as Christ was. He truely did this for us so we would not suffer as He did. We must take up our cross and follow him, which is to deny ourselves of all ungodliness, in this way we can avoid suffering in our own lives.

joeboonda

Hi, Lee, and welcome. You wondered about Christ's early years, but I would have to say, the Bible simply teaches that he began his ministry at about age 30 and it lasted for 3 years. His first recorded miracle was turning the water into wine at the wedding feast at Cana. I believe this was his first actual miracle, for the miracles, healing the sick, the lame, the blind, the multiplying of the loaves and fishes, the calming the storm, etc. were for a sign, so people would know he was the Messiah. Just as the apostles were able to perform miracles when they told of Jesus' ressurection, so people would believe that they were telling the truth of God. Now we have the written word so I say, study that, study like crazy, and divide the truth from the error, because there is a lot of false teaching, that sounds real nice, but is very deceptive. I give you fair warning about this site, hope you are well grounded in your faith, brother! Actually, its a nice forum, you will learn a lot here about other religions and such, and hopefully grow stronger in your Christian faith as well. Good luck to you, and God bless you.

Mike