• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

my Hamster died.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
i think it died. it just didnt move.

i was wondering if there are any certain prayers that people (hindus or buddhists) have for desceased living things so that they can enter buddhahood.

i didnt play with hammy, i just fed it and stuff. i feel very guilty. ive had him for 2 years and he was always inactive.

i just feel like crap cuz i didnt play with it every day. sigh. i was hoping if anyone can have any suggestions.

Gerani,

A hamster's life span is short...only about 2 yrs......sounds like you took good care of your hamster. Sorry for your loss

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
thx. he hasnt died yet... he is barely alive. ive said a buddhist mantra totake away his pain. i dont know why. old age most likely. sigh. ive placed a tiny fat buddha statue and a pic of the medicine buddha near his cage and some other pics.

Think of it this way, Gerani--if it hadn't been for you, that hamster would have most likely never lived to adulthood, and would have died a rather unpleasant death by the claws and teeth of some larger predator. It sounds like he led a good life, as far as hamster lives go. Keep your chin up, friend!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I will try sending restful, loving, and healing energy for him, Gerani, if that is okay. (I've had about 5 hampsters, and think they are among the greatest creatures.) He will have been blessed to have known you!

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
thanks. i think it worked. i placed a fat buddha, a miniature venkateshwara, a pic of ganesha, and a pic of the Medicine Buddha with healing mantras, and my hammy is now up and running. ya! im soo happy. i promise to take good care of him.

croak

Trickster
Hope your hamster lives a nice, long life! Imagine if one day he turned 10..........he'd be famous! And we'd see you on the news maybe. :p