• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My God, not yours

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
I have decided to lobby Congress to get them to pass a religion protection act making my religion and my beliefs the only religion that can use the word God. Mine will be the only Religion that can recieve tax exempt status. You may call your supreme being anything you wish, but not God.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
I have decided to lobby Congress to get them to pass a religion protection act making my religion and my beliefs the only religion that can use the word God. Mine will be the only Religion that can recieve tax exempt status. You may call your supreme being anything you wish, but not God.
Is this like the Paris Hilton "that's hot" thing? ;) Sorry, don't understand the vagaries of American politics/law

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
jeffrey said:

lol I'm sure that went over well. :)

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
jeffrey said:
No problem, except for the tax exempt thing. Buddhists are quite happy to let you have exclusive use of the word "god".

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Engyo said:
No problem, except for the tax exempt thing. Buddhists are quite happy to let you have exclusive use of the word "god".
No, since your beliefs are different then mine, you won't get the benefits that I get.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jeffrey said:
No, since your beliefs are different then mine, you won't get the benefits that I get.
I am at your command,:bow::bow::bow:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
*Holds credit card up to the screen*

"Our Jeffrey, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name...."

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
YmirGF said:
*Holds credit card up to the screen*

"Our Jeffrey, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name...."
Just remember, in order to call your supreme being God, you must believe what I believe.