• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My first spell

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
So last night I decided to do a spell. A love spell.

Since I don't own any candles, sigils, or anything useful, I used what I could...

I took two lamps that I had and used those in place of candles, took two props that I found relevant to the ritual, and for a sigil I drew a few doodles on a sticky note relating to what I'm asking for and a number that is sacred to me. Oh, and I also took a stick from outside (searched for the best one) and used that to charge the lamps and items. I cleaned up the area, turned off all the lights in the house, and meditated and prayed.

I prayed/invoked "the angel of love" without any entity specific in mind, just an angel that is associated with love. I asked for a specific person's romantic love. I specified that I wasn't asking for the angel to manipulate their freewill to love me, but instead change my own actions so that they would fall in love with me.

Well, today I got to work I felt very tired and worn out, lack of energy. I was wondering what was going on, the other day I felt the same thing as well so it didn't surprise me. I figured it was the lack of coffee (two days without it, just didn't wake up in time to make it) and that maybe it's best I wean myself off of it.

Well my lack of energy got the best of me, and my social anxiety prevalent as always, and I accidentally failed to strike up a conversation with her even though I wanted to and I feel this may have been rude in a way... but that's a long story. Anyways, it got later in the work day and my throat was scratchy and nose somewhat stuffy, and I realized the source of my tiredness was that I'm probably sick (there's something been going around). All around I was very observant of my actions and realized I was sorta bad-mannered the entire day (I tried my best not to be but I was pretty passive towards people). Maybe this was just because I was sick.

So I feel like my entire experience today may have been a sign that the spell backfired. I really hope the repercussions end here and don't become more severe. Have I learned my lesson? I can't say I'll never play a ritual asking for this again if it feels right (yes, I am crazy over this girl), but it'll be in the distant future certainly and it'll depend on many things.

-----

My questions are:

Do you think it is wrong to ask for a specific name in a love spell? Should you ask for love in general instead?

Do you think it's wrong that I will probably only use magic to ask for things (love, confidence, better manners, etc) until I find a being I really feel a close connection with (and THEN I will say grace to them but the other beings that I didn't feel a strong bond with I kinda just don't invoke them ever again)?

I have so much to ask for, so much change I'd love in my life, yet at the same time I don't plan on doing a ritual every single night asking for a different thing every time, I feel like that might be greedy and disrespectful to the entities above. Maybe one ritual per week? What do you think?

Another thing I realized, I might have forgotten to say thank you to the angel after the invocation... Yeah, man, i really got bad manners (or maybe I'm overthinking things). I think my next ritual would be to ask for better manners, even before I ask for confidence or love.

The Sum of Awe

And honestly I can't help but smile about it because I feel like this is a sign it sort of worked, just in a back-fire kind of way. It gives me confidence that I can go further with this and perhaps get good results if I ask for less selfish things.

The Sum of Awe

I prayed and asked the angel for forgiveness. I didn't set up a ritual or anything, just prayed and vented my frustrations, apologized for the things that I feel I've done wrong.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
A procedural question - did you happen to do a divination to reflect on things beforehand? I like divination as an introspective tool... super useful for just about anyone in any situation. It isn't a necessary step before doing spells or rituals but it can sort some stuff out and provide some clues on how to approach a situation. Sometimes what we think we want is spot on, sometimes something else needs attention first, and sometimes we're just plain being inauthentic with ourselves. A basic "what should I keep in mind or think about before acting on this issue?" type of read is one I do often. It can provide some useful guide posts - affirming and/or denying my thinking about the issue - and be a good introspective check-in.

When it comes to the ethics of spellcraft, the best advice I can give is to be authentic to yourself on that. Your standards might differ from my own. Who do you want to be? What kind of person might that attract into your life as a partner? What would that relationship then look like? Hey, sounds like some more good divination or intr
ospection questions, eh? :D

Here's an idea - since change can take time, what about some ritual practice focusing on the same goal, practiced multiple times? You'd get better at doing craft through practice, and be continuously channeling energy and focus towards that goal. Maybe part of that would be building a working relationship with that angel (so they know you better and how best to help)? It could look like a lot of things depending on how you want to do it and part of the fun of this stuff is being able to get creative.

The Sum of Awe

A procedural question - did you happen to do a divination to reflect on things beforehand? I like divination as an introspective tool... super useful for just about anyone in any situation. It isn't a necessary step before doing spells or rituals but it can sort some stuff out and provide some clues on how to approach a situation. Sometimes what we think we want is spot on, sometimes something else needs attention first, and sometimes we're just plain being inauthentic with ourselves. A basic "what should I keep in mind or think about before acting on this issue?" type of read is one I do often. It can provide some useful guide posts - affirming and/or denying my thinking about the issue - and be a good introspective check-in.

When it comes to the ethics of spellcraft, the best advice I can give is to be authentic to yourself on that. Your standards might differ from my own. Who do you want to be? What kind of person might that attract into your life as a partner? What would that relationship then look like? Hey, sounds like some more good divination or intr
ospection questions, eh? :D

Here's an idea - since change can take time, what about some ritual practice focusing on the same goal, practiced multiple times? You'd get better at doing craft through practice, and be continuously channeling energy and focus towards that goal. Maybe part of that would be building a working relationship with that angel (so they know you better and how best to help)? It could look like a lot of things depending on how you want to do it and part of the fun of this stuff is being able to get creative.
These are good ideas, thank you! I will take your advices as I further these rituals. You're right, maybe I can keep working with this angel and perhaps getting on good terms with an angel of love wouldn't be such a bad idea :D I don't necessarily need fancy gods just yet, I will continue working with this being and in my rituals my goal might focus more on self development rather than the endgame (this relationship to happen).

Do you think it would annoy the angel if I invoked them three times a week? :p

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Do you think it is wrong to ask for a specific name in a love spell? Should you ask for love in general instead?

Personally, I am not a love spell casting kind of guy. But I think it could be better to ask for the blockages in your path to be removed, that are preventing you from obtaining the love you deserve.

Do you think it's wrong that I will probably only use magic to ask for things (love, confidence, better manners, etc) until I find a being I really feel a close connection with (and THEN I will say grace to them but the other beings that I didn't feel a strong bond with I kinda just don't invoke them ever again)?

Whatever's more comfortable for you, is what you should go for. If that means helping yourself first, do it. We can't take care or help others, if our own house isn't in order.

I have so much to ask for, so much change I'd love in my life, yet at the same time I don't plan on doing a ritual every single night asking for a different thing every time, I feel like that might be greedy and disrespectful to the entities above. Maybe one ritual per week? What do you think?

I recommend some introspection or meditation, on what your wants are vs your needs. Focus on your needs, and the wants will come as they may. Doing a bunch of successive rituals, can be less effective than doing them at auspicious times, imo and experience.

Another thing I realized, I might have forgotten to say thank you to the angel after the invocation... Yeah, man, i really got bad manners (or maybe I'm overthinking things). I think my next ritual would be to ask for better manners, even before I ask for confidence or love.

It can be polite to say thank you to the beings one invokes, it is good to do this at the end of a ritual or spell as one grounds and cleans up. It is not an absolute essential though, and not everyone does it. Do what feels right.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Saying thanks is an important part of Hindu 'Puja'.
  1. Namaskara or pranama. The worshipper and family bow or prostrate themselves before the image to offer homage.
  2. Parikrama or Pradakshina. Circumambulation around the deity.
  3. Namaskara or pranama. The worshipper and family bow or prostrate themselves before the image to offer homage.
  4. Taking leave. Visarjana or Udvasana. The deity is moved from the place.

The Sum of Awe

Saying thanks is an important part of Hindu 'Puja'.
  1. Namaskara or pranama. The worshipper and family bow or prostrate themselves before the image to offer homage.
  2. Parikrama or Pradakshina. Circumambulation around the deity.
  3. Namaskara or pranama. The worshipper and family bow or prostrate themselves before the image to offer homage.
  4. Taking leave. Visarjana or Udvasana. The deity is moved from the place.
I'll keep this in mind, thank you!