• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My brother passed away in January.

RESOLUTION

My brother died in January and we had the funeral on the 10th March but the time from his death to the actual funeral was a little of a strain. I am a full time carer for my disabled child and but for my faith it would have been much more difficult.
Even now I can be driving or just in conversation and find myself blubbing . My thoughts turn to others and I find myself praying for others who are suffering the loss of a loved one.

Every time I have lost someone the grief has been different, Unlike my other family I could not go and see him I wanted to remember him how he was when alive.

I usually keep these things to myself. My youngest sister died at 13 and I felt really lost when she passed.
I just wonder if anyone else going through grief at this time. Just to let you know you are not alone.
Praying you find comfort in your own grief.

sovietchild

Prophet Muhammad recommended his followers to grief only for 3 days, because of psychological problems one might develop if one were to grief for long time.

littlefire

You can call me Fio
My brother died in January and we had the funeral on the 10th March but the time from his death to the actual funeral was a little of a strain. I am a full time carer for my disabled child and but for my faith it would have been much more difficult.
Even now I can be driving or just in conversation and find myself blubbing . My thoughts turn to others and I find myself praying for others who are suffering the loss of a loved one.

Every time I have lost someone the grief has been different, Unlike my other family I could not go and see him I wanted to remember him how he was when alive.

I usually keep these things to myself. My youngest sister died at 13 and I felt really lost when she passed.
I just wonder if anyone else going through grief at this time. Just to let you know you are not alone.
I am deeply sorry for your loss and am holding you in the light in this time. *hugs*

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
@RESOLUTION, may the memories of your brother be a blessing.

I lost my mother when she was 64, my younger brother when he was 22, and my daughter when she was 36. Each hurt deeply and each continues to instill sorrow. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

So, sorry to hear of your loss. Since death is an enemy we feel grief - 1 Corinthians 15:26
Today I attended a memorial funeral talk , and I appreciated a song sung based on Job 14:13-15
It is based on the 'resurrection hope' as mentioned in the Bible book of Acts of the Apostles 24:15

It is titled "He Will Call "
1. Life, like a mist, appears for just a day,
Then disappears tomorrow.
All that we are can quickly fade away,
Replaced with tears and sorrow.
If a man should die, can he live again ?
Hear the promise God has made:

2. Friends of our God, though they may pass away,
Will never be forsaken.
All those asleep who in God's mem'ry stay,
From death He will awaken.
Then we'll come to see all that life can be:
Paradise eternally.

Chorus

He will call; The dead will answer.
They will live at His command.
For He will have a longing
for the work of His own hand.
So, have faith, and do not wonder,
For our God can make us stand.
And we will live forever,
As the work of His own hand.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
@RESOLUTION, may the memories of your brother be a blessing.
I lost my mother when she was 64, my younger brother when he was 22, and my daughter when she was 36. Each hurt deeply and each continues to instill sorrow. I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

.... and I am also sincerely sorry for your loss. May you also find memories a blessing.
I clipped the below poem out of nursing home news letters in which I found to be of hope and comfort.
By Dorothy M. Cahoon

Rejoice, rejoice all ye who weep
For loss of loved ones dear,
What we call death, is but a sleep
In the winter of the year;
And just as surely as the Spring
Brings life to tree and flower,
So those who sleep in death will know
The Resurrection's Power.

RESOLUTION

Thank you All,

sovietchild, littlefire, Jayhawker Soule,URAVIP2M,

For your kind and warm words and thoughts.

When we lose those closest to us, I don't know about you but my world changes.
When they are no longer there the world is never the same again and the places we visited together are changed to.
I write poetry so the poems are very much appreciated.

Heartfelt thanks and Hugs back.